Pontiac Boneville 1983 wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3cars

n00b
Dec 6, 2008
I want to install 700r4 in place of 350, I need to know how much I need to cut the driveshaft, the differ in length between 700r4 and 350 is 2 3/8
the question here, do I have to cut the driveshaft 2 3/8 to fit pefectly?

Bonny 1983 wagon
Thanks all :p :?: [/b]

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
k3cars said:
I want to install 700r4 in place of 350, I need to know how much I need to cut the driveshaft, the differ in length between 700r4 and 350 is 2 3/8
the question here, do I have to cut the driveshaft 2 3/8 to fit pefectly?

Bonny 1983 wagon
Thanks all :p :?: [/b]

The safest thing to do is to install the trans, put the yoke in the trans and push it all the way in. Pull it out one inch then measure the center-to-center distance between the two yokes. That's the correct dimension. Note that the suspension must be at ride height when you measure.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Isn't there a driveshaft that's the correct length you can get?

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I don't know about your area for sure, but chances are that there is a shop that will come out to you, measure, and cut-weld your drive shaft to the proper length. A lot of times, they like to measure it themselves to protect their asses. There's a driveline shop here called Proven Force that does that kinda stuff. Check your local Yellow Pages.

P.S. I think it should be a new rule that ALL wagon owners must post pictures! :lol: I almost bought a Bonny wagon before I picked up my Cutlass.

k3cars

n00b
Dec 6, 2008
Thanks guys for help, the length for the driveshaft is 49 1/2 if anyone needs to do same ask me to check the length again before you custom on. I used the same crossmemeber I just cut and wild little.

I am in process to switch to Tuned Port Injection. sounds fun

is there any ideas guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor