Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerex

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2006
What years do I look for 8.5 rearends in?

Junkyard going out of business has 2 monte's (79 ish, 80 ish) 1 elky,1 regal if there is anything unique people are looking for.

The Elky had a manual most of the hardware is there. Which cars will this fit in? And does anyone want it? How much does this stuff go for?

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
If you're looking for an 8.5 diff for a G body, then look for a Buick GN. I've heard that some of the mid 80's Olds 442's had them too, but I'm not sure. If you find one, then be prepared to pay for it.
A friend is looking for the chrome strips that are in the bumper fascias for a 1980 Monte Carlo, but they must be in good condition.
The Elky pedals should fit pretty much any A/G body from '78-'88, but the rest of the clutch linkage is probably made for a small block Chev application, as is the bellhousing.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
clean8485 said:
If you're looking for an 8.5 diff for a G body, then look for a Buick GN. I've heard that some of the mid 80's Olds 442's had them too, but I'm not sure. If you find one, then be prepared to pay for it.
A friend is looking for the chrome strips that are in the bumper fascias for a 1980 Monte Carlo, but they must be in good condition.
The Elky pedals should fit pretty much any A/G body from '78-'88, but the rest of the clutch linkage is probably made for a small block Chev application, as is the bellhousing.

T-type and GN, all G-body 442 and the 83 H/O should be 8.5" inchers, it is the H/Os that some were 7.5" and the later ones were 8.5". Good luck, be sure to also look for RPO G80 as posis were optional on all cars, so IF you find an 8.5" it may still be an open rear

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor