Two questions....

RICKDIZZLE

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2014
Afternoon everyone!
First question, does anyone know if anyone is making the door pull end covers? I scored a couple from a member on here a few years ago. But had another one break. Looking to see where I might be able to find em.
1000007098.jpg

Next I have been noticing over the years that the front section of my column is starting to "chip" and is showing blue through it. What is the best way to correct this? Trying not to pull the whole thing. If I end up having to pull the whole thing, I'll just look for a chrome one. You can see the chips in these pics. I don't remember my other Cutlass I had years back doing this...wondering if it was replaced and painted to match...🤔
1000007096.jpg
1000007097.jpg

Thanks guys!

RICKDIZZLE

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2014
Figured I would send this to the top as I have been unsuccessful in finding an answer yet. Thanks guys.

Maverick's_Monte

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2011
Rhode Island
Dixie Restoration might have those, if not something comparable; I think I have seen chromed ones on there. On the steering column, yes, it was probably painted and the only way to correct that I can think of is to mask, prep and paint.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Supporting Member
Sep 17, 2017
I have this pair that I blindly bought a few years ago from O. D. Showtime here on the forum. Unfortunately they are different from the ones on my 79 Cutlass. They are olive(?) green, but great shape. $10 plus shipping???
IMG_3845.jpg

IMG_3844.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

RICKDIZZLE

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2014
Thanks guys. All I can find even on Dixie site are these:
1000007134.jpg

I don't know if they will fit the Cutty? Does anyone know if they do? Looks like Dixie doesn't have anything for the Cutlass...lol.

carnutjw
Thank you so much. Let me see if we can confirm if the ones above work. If they won't, I will GLADLY take those for $10 plus shipping. I can paint em if need be. I will get back to ya in 48 hours.

I like the look of the chrome ones for sure, I'll reach out to Dixie tomorrow of no one knows for sure.

Thank you!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor