quick what should it run question

Status
Not open for further replies.

360demonRT

Apprentice
Jul 13, 2008
Morehead Ky
the 906's flow slightly less on the exhaust side... not enough to make much of a difference tho

360demonRT

Apprentice
Jul 13, 2008
Morehead Ky
:roll: ok... your not being defensive. your being a DICK lol. "The #062 has a 3-angle grind on a standard-induction hardened seat; the #906 a single-angle grind on an Inconel seat. The 062 does flow slightly better on the exhaust side at low lifts but the advantage over a 906 is very slight. They both utilize back-cut exhaust valves. They both have 3-angle grind seats on the intakes with back-cut intake valves. Both heads make the same power in stock form."

so a valve job dosent make heads flow any better... OH MY, all the money people have waste having 3 and 5 angle VJ's over the years. like i said... the 062 dont flow a kazillion cfm more. dont be a dick. i checked my heads and they DONT have the 3 angle on the exhaust. please try to reason with me and tell me that at some point in lift a valve job dosent increase flow. please tell me that head porters for many years have wasted their time doing valve jobs... oh please. i'm not trying to get into a pissing match with you... just trying to get you to see the common sense side. valve job v. no valve job. valve job will flow better even if it is just SLIGHTLY so... like i said it was. didnt say it was AFR v. tbi heads man.

360demonRT

Apprentice
Jul 13, 2008
Morehead Ky
oh, and do you have the flow charts? be interesting to see where your great amount of vortec knowledge comes from lol :) . also, who are the experts in the field, because i'd be interested (really) to read what they have to say also. trying to learn all i can.

360demonRT

Apprentice
Jul 13, 2008
Morehead Ky
got the heads/intake/cam put in today. still has a little bit of a miss, try to play with it some more tomorrow, set the timing in right, and put the exhaust back on. feels good, hits a pretty good lick, and incenerates my one poor little tire at the blip of the throttle, probably because the stall is huge tho lol. try to take some vids tomorrow after i get the exhaust on :) hopefully it stops raining by then

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
360demonRT said:
, hits a pretty good lick, and incenerates my one poor little tire at the blip of the throttle,

Um... why are you smoking tires after you first installed new heads and cam?

360demonRT

Apprentice
Jul 13, 2008
Morehead Ky
wasnt aware you had to break in heads :/ followed the directions for the cam. increased RPM every minuite or so up till 3k.... dosent say 'put xxxx miles on it'. and i wasnt going wide open lol. notice 'blip'. it might have got up to 4000 rpm, the road was still a little damp from the showers today. lol. after spending all day putting the damn things in, trust me i sure dont want to have to do it all over :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor