Rad Support for a 1980 Malibu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibu man

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 15, 2012
Merry Christmas,every one.
The rad support on my 1980 Malibu is really rusted by the battery,and I need to know which support will fit in.
I found one on Kijji,and the posting says will fit G body from 1978 to 1988. Are they all the same?

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
There is a slight difference in the supports for 2 headlight and 4 headlight style supports. They will still interchange.

malibu man

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 15, 2012
Thanks for the replies. Is it possible to change the rad support without pulling the whole front of the car off?

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
You will have to pull the header panel with the grill/headlights off. The fenders will pull apart enough to remove the core support. If you still have the AC condensor you can leave it hooked up just have to be carefull not to break a line, and of course the radiator needs to be drained.

malibu man

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 15, 2012
81Regal said:
You will have to pull the header panel with the grill/headlights off. The fenders will pull apart enough to remove the core support. If you still have the AC condensor you can leave it hooked up just have to be carefull not to break a line, and of course the radiator needs to be drained.
I was afraid I'd have to do all that! Oh well,better get to work! Thanks for your help. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor