Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
You're going to have people hate/like whatever you do. I think you should also have put chrome rings and caps as an option to vote for too. I don't get the rule "I don't have chrome on the rest of the car, so I can't have them on the wheels". Most cars nowaday don't have chrome anywhere but the wheels. Can you just for sh*ts&giggles throw the rings & caps on, take a pic and post it just to see?

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Longroof79 said:
Paint the wheels gunmetal and look for a set of police caps or early type flat '67 SS caps. I think it would look nice, personally.

That's it right there!

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
patmckinneyracing said:

I changed my mind. I like the front wheel in this pic. I suits your car just like that.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Im really digging the red rim with the gunmetal trim and caps 8)

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Pat,
Rally wheels are just as popular today as they were 43 years ago.IMO, how many other wheels can look good on almost anything (Rat rod,stock,pro-street, pro touring, drag, road course, ETC.) year after year after year? If you get tired of the look, just change the paint scheme or remove or install center caps/trim rings. Like I already said, this is just my opinion.
If you are serious about getting a wide range of opinions (and not worried about being laughed at :lol: ) put the solid color wheels on one side and the two tone on the other and drive your car for a week or two. When people ask why the wheels are different, tell them your doing a survey and then ask their opinion.
The great thing about Rallies is to change the look you just paint!

Doug

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
oldtinsmith said:
If you are serious about getting a wide range of opinions (and not worried about being laughed at :lol: ) put the solid color wheels on one side and the two tone on the other and drive your car for a week or two. When people ask why the wheels are different, tell them your doing a survey and then ask their opinion.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

80lemans

Apprentice
Jun 13, 2009
South Carolina
I'm a big fan of rally wheels too. Of the options you've given I like the gun metal. Looks like you are running 7" Rallys. I would suggest going to 8" at least on the rear, with a little larger rubber.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Nope these rallies are 8 inches wide. The reason I'm running these 215/60's is because I bought them brand new one month before the driveshaft tore apart and destroyed everything. So they are still new, so I figured run them and get larger tires later like firehawk indys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor