Random images

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
My point is, that history, that ever so important history, is slowly being forgotten already. I’m willing to bet there’s not one Gen Z or Milennial that could tell you who the Raiders were. They’re all too wrapped up in their own personal lives and glued to their phones to see “what’s trending “. The vets such as your dad, are almost all gone now. If we, the present and future generations don’t honour their memory by at least remembering the truly selfless sacrifices they made, that made our two nations what they are today, well, I’m afraid we’re doomed to repeat it. And that’s a crying shame.
USMC Raiders. Yup, that guy didn't get what you meant. I'd hope someone who is 93 would know WWII stuff, they were alive when it happened. Anyone who wasn't needs to study their history.

Most people nowadays would be "offended".. 🙄

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
My point is, that history, that ever so important history, is slowly being forgotten already. I’m willing to bet there’s not one Gen Z or Milennial that could tell you who the Raiders were. They’re all too wrapped up in their own personal lives and glued to their phones to see “what’s trending “. The vets such as your dad, are almost all gone now. If we, the present and future generations don’t honour their memory by at least remembering the truly selfless sacrifices they made, that made our two nations what they are today, well, I’m afraid we’re doomed to repeat it. And that’s a crying shame.
probably not about the Raiders. I've seen what they teach in schools and most of that is glossed over since there is no time to dive into detail. someone else commented a 93 yr old should know about WWII since they were alive then. hmmmmm, yeah they would have been 10-14 yrs old during that time. I wonder how many people still have 80 yr old vivid memories formed during childhood? I'd say being in the USAF from 1951 on, right after WWII when it was recent history, would have been the reason a 93 yr old can speak cogently about that because of the career-reinforcing factor and memories formed during adulthood.

it's been 30+ yrs since I was in the Navy on submarines and I'm starting to forget some of those days since I was only in for one tour.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
No matter how important the history is in affecting the world today, it's not being taught like it was when we were kids. Even the library at Jr.'s school don't have the books I was able to read at his grade. Then when it comes to certain subjects that currently affects the sensitivity of today it'll be edited to be softer even if it's incorrect. I've been trying my best with Jr. with military history so he has an understanding on how it affected his current world. He knows his great grandfather (his namesake) hit the beaches D Day as it wasn't cleared as it was suppose to of been. His other had three ships taken out from under him in the Pacific with the one having him listed "lost at sea". I even pass on to him as I find out with my family tree searches with how much his family has been part of the US military even before it was the US. I try to pass on as much history as I can to him since the school hasn't. Just can't wait until the day I have to sit with a history teacher at the high school over what's not taught.

Reactions: 1 users

Malibu795

Apprentice
May 13, 2019
Ran across this on a trip to Michigan
On a GM full time 4*4 chassis
IMG_20240505_103519173.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor