BUILD THREAD RealDealRegal Small tire Drag build

shark3226

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 30, 2023
Michigan, USA
I'm getting ready to paint my frame, and was wondering how many qts. Of the eastwood chassis blk you used?
Thanks
Acually Im sure Ill have to buy more anyway. I have few more bars to put in the frame the 6A and 6B bars. And the 6C bar doubles for a Transmission crossmember I got from Trick Chassis. Still have a ARB and a coil over bar to put in. Doing some measurements I might have to go little further and clean up my frame notch. From qtr panel to qtr panel is 70 3/4" 20230819_145003.jpg
Mocking up the wheels for some FAB 9 Measurements I found with the tires sidewall literally touching on the frame rail notch. From the full section width of the tire to tire I have 70 1/8". Woo its gonna be close. Because I want these tucked! Anyway. I plan on chopping off the front frame horns and engine cradle anyway. Even tho it looks so good right now lol. The Innovative racing or even Trick chassis front K member saves 60 pounds plus makes it cake to just bolt a rack and pinion right on. So that will require more paint.... But Ill be still working on this body here for now. Get it cleaned up and fully in primer is a goal! Anyone have any suggestions how to get the sticky pads off the bottom of the roof. I would like them off i dunno maybe I just leave them a paint right over them. Kind of had a cool idea for a painted "Headliner" because Im pretty sure I am not going to have a headliner or dome light, Vanity lights, visors etc etc.

Reactions: 1 user

shark3226

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 30, 2023
Michigan, USA
Still Pluggin away at this Body. Ordered TRZ chromoly Fab 9. With all the options. TRZ Anti roll bar, strange 35 spline Hy tuff axles 5/8 studs, rear willwood 4 piston drag brakes. All I need is Afco or Viking coil overs for the rear and Ill be ready to put the rear of the chassis together. firewall is almost primer ready. Then the body exterrior will be fully in primer. Then on to prepping the interrior for primer.
16939637404638604063033230967700.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

shark3226

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 30, 2023
Michigan, USA
Been Super busy and havnt had time to put down some good work. But the ouside of the car is in primer for now going to get working on the inside pillars etc what im going to keep at least get that in primer. Then back on the frame TRZ Fab 9 housing is on its way up through the states for this girl!!! Those guys at TRZ are a machine. Mad respect.
20230922_213917.jpg

20230922_213938.jpg

I did mess up though. Didnt have the fan settings correct on my gun thats why there is a stripe near the middle. Lol. DAMNIT! Its ok. Most this primer will eventually come back off to do body work. Not bad for novice painter
20230919_182421(0).jpg

This was added to the family this week. Working and trained GM technician and bought a KIA Telluride X-line. Family loves it. And honestly blows the Traverse out the water. Anyway. Hopefully next post will be some more cool frame stuff. I got ahold of Eric Kenward from EKR and hes hooking me up with a few pre bent Tubes to set up my rear how I want. So thats also in the upcoming as well.

Reactions: 1 users

shark3226

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 30, 2023
Michigan, USA
Ive Been slowly progressing and wire wheeled the inside of the car until my eyes and brain melted. Was able to get the inside of the car primed and top coated before the temps started dropping
Also Got the rear end housing painted. Ill leave the body in the paint booth for now. Temps starting to plummit here in Michigan. I have some awesome Goodies from EKR to be buzzing on the frame this winter. But I got to get some sidework out the door to help pay to heat this place. Happy Thanksgiving to ALL! happy holidays friends!!!!

20230916_210453.jpg
20231105_160841.jpg
20231118_102457.jpg
20230927_203805.jpg
20231015_111722.jpg
20231010_174945.jpg
20231021_115758.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

shark3226

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 30, 2023
Michigan, USA
Looking good, that was alot of wire brushing

Yes maybe little too much but Honestly I shouldnt have had the inside of the car wet blasted. Little did I know you have to clean all the metal after being blasted before you can apply paint. And I also just wanted more time behind the spray gun. I plan on using stock dash and probabably carpet and panels. We will see if I want a headliner or not. I cant wait to get back on the frame and make the back half roll!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor