Rear disc swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

87_442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2014
Glassboro, NJ
I recently bought the rear disc conversation from speedway for my 442. It's the non e-brake caliper kit. Honestly I'm not happy with the kit. It was missing a lot of things I needed to complete the conversion. It was missing rubber hoses, correct prop valve, and a few other minor things I can't think of off the top of my head. Now that it's done I have a spongy pedal, the calipers chatter when I hit the pedal, and it feels and acts like there's air in the line. Even though I bled the system at least 20 times. And also used the Phoenix push system. So to try and correct this problem I bought a residual line pressure valve from jegs. Has anyone else has this issue? And can anyone give advise?

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I recently bought the rear disc conversation from speedway for my 442. It's the non e-brake caliper kit. Honestly I'm not happy with the kit. It was missing a lot of things I needed to complete the conversion. It was missing rubber hoses, correct prop valve, and a few other minor things I can't think of off the top of my head. Now that it's done I have a spongy pedal, the calipers chatter when I hit the pedal, and it feels and acts like there's air in the line. Even though I bled the system at least 20 times. And also used the Phoenix push system. So to try and correct this problem I bought a residual line pressure valve from jegs. Has anyone else has this issue? And can anyone give advise?

I am a master of the obvious but a spongy pedal usually indicates air in the system or hose flex. I built a custom rear disk set up for my 86' so I could run the factory 442 rims and used a prop valve from an 1984 Seville equipped with rear disk brakes. It looks factory stock and I am happy with it.

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
Are your bleeders pointed up or down? If you put the caliper on the incorrect side you will never get the air out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor