Not open for further replies.

ChevyIIMan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 30, 2005
My regal has these sail panel emblems

90_1.JPG

I would like to remove them completely or possibly replace them with these

b0_1.JPG

or leaving them completely off. Whats the best way to remove these? Also I have a few Regal Limited ones that are busted I need to replace.

87CutlassS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 8, 2006
Correctionville, Iowa
I would use a heat gun on the lowest setting. Don't get too close or your paint will be toast. It might take awhile for the adhesive backs to soften but it will work. Once you have the emblem removed use some Goo Gone or something similar to remove the residue. 8)

What I use to do when I worked for a body shop was to pry the emblem off carefully. Them use a 3M adhesive removal pad on the glue in a few second the glue was gone. The 3m pad hooked up to the drill and erased it. But if u add to much pressure u will kill your paint. Your local body shop supply house should carry this product of something close to it. Heads up they where around $20 in the early 90's.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
MonteMan1978 said:
What I use to do when I worked for a body shop was to pry the emblem off carefully.

I use a nylon putty knife and put tape on each side of the emblem to protect the paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor