Richmond gears are now made in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
pontiacgp said:
I like to see what the union execs make..I hate unions....but....

I'm on my 3rd china junk ford style solenoid, the first one was stuck on from the get go and the 2nd one stuck on after 1/2 day..the one I had on my car didn't like me removing the wires to set up the battery in in the trunk..
Unions have their faults...no question....but without them, we are left to the mercy of the company executives to decide what our labor is worth, what benefits we are entitled to, and what conditions we have to deal with on the job..... and that is never any good for the average working man.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
this is going off topic and getting political, which will send it off to OT land.... monitoring....

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
DoubleV said:
I like it when the cheap junk sold nowadays has a good warrenty. It's like 'oh my part failed after only 2 weeks, but hey I can get a new replacement for free so I can put on the same inferior junk part so it can fail again in a week and I can go through the PITA of doing it all over again'. Of course no one pays you for your time having to do the labor.

My brand new 'quality' waterpump I installed on my fresh engine failed after about 700 miles. Changing a water pump on an Olds with all those brackets and such is a huge hassle, but hey, I got a brand new junk replacement pump for free! Now it's only a matter of time before it starts to leak.

I hear you there. I am glad products have a warranty but I never want to use it and I do not expect to use it. Like you said, great I can replace my junk with more junk....awesome.

moose

Greasemonkey
Jul 20, 2008
ICT, KS
Cheese n rice...I just wanted to let those who didn't know, know, you know. I ordered mine from Summit and they are exchanging them for some Motive gears (which I don't care if they're made in India because they have held up a reputation of being a good gear, plus they state Made in India right on the box). It just eats up my time and put me back at least a week on my rear end upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor