riddle me this batman...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
oh and in case anyone was wondering paul walker has one just like that cuz hes a badass and since hes famous and sh*t his will probably never get confiscated

Gutlass

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2009
i know a couple people with titled skylines just have to title it as a kit car but one of them is a daily with tag and all.

username

Master Mechanic
Jul 21, 2009
Tennessee
G_Body_Enthusiast said:
why are so many people selling cars without titles? how can you sell someone a car without a title? a bill of sale is not proof of ownership!
Even with the certificate of title from the state you reside in you still dont actually own the vehicle, the state does.Unless you have the MCO or MSO in hand the state has ultimate ownership.You do however have color of claim on associated rights(exclusive use). Every state differs of course concerning bills of sales.

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
gk666 said:
oh and in case anyone was wondering paul walker has one just like that cuz hes a badass and since hes famous and sh*t his will probably never get confiscated

Thanks...I know what a skyline is. I still do not see how it has anything to do with this thread.

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
Gutlass said:
i know a couple people with titled skylines just have to title it as a kit car but one of them is a daily with tag and all.

kit car title is cheating and technically still illegal esspecially if they catch on... the only thats dailied and tagged, it is possible to get a skyline street legal'd in the us but if I remember correctly it generally ends up costing about as much as the car... theres only a handful in the states that are actually fully 100% cant be touched by the feds... tell your friend congrats and I hope he never gets it confiscated because skyline > all

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Randy_W said:
For those not paying attention earlier, some states do not/will not provide a title on older cars, age varies among those states.

if you misplace the title on an older car will the state not replace it?. I wonder what guys do with a barn find after they rebuild it to get it on the road....

gp02a0083

Master Mechanic
May 17, 2011
they might re-issue a title, it depends tho sometimes it can be a long process if you don't have the pink slip. if anything , it may be classified with a salvage title at that point.

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
The states that don't issue titles on older cars don't require them for registration, simply a bill of sale.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I have never really understood what you all are always talking about with 'titles'.

Up here it's a lot easier.

You buy a car, and get a 'bill of sale' from the seller. This can be the one that is included on the back of our registration slips. Or a handwritten one.

Then you take the bill of sale to your insurance company. If the vehicle hasn't been registered in the last few years, or is from out of province, then we just need to get an out of province inspection (can run up to $200). If it's been registerd in Alberta in the last couple years, or is less than 10 years old, then all we need in a cheap $50 inspection.

Then we take our insurance pairs to the registration place. And get out plates and registration.

I could go buy a car from a farmer on a field and (if it's running) have it legal and on the road the same day. :D

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
gk666 said:
:| I'm sorry, I just cannot get pass this ... you think Paul Walker is a badass :?:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor