Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
haha, and you guys thought i was weird... :lol:

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Well Im thinking something like the GTA vs the Formula Ritter haha. Good old country roads. The 454 dually vs the mustang. You know the road just down from moms.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Or when we clocked the 1/4 mile with you driving and me sticking that little survey roller wheel doo hickie out the door to measure it. We planted two flags start and finish. About a week later they were removed. So then we painted two lines on the road. That lasted a bit longer.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Goodmorning fellas :mrgreen:

The GTA vs. Formula was my all-time favorite "high-speed" (120mph) run. It still cracks me up that my Formula, with a 305 TBI engine 700R4 trans and 2.73 rear, caught and passed a GTA with a 350 TPI engine 700R4 and 2.73 gear :? He had me by a car length or two until about 70mph and I started creeping back up and passed him right about 100mph. That is an awesome road for high speed runs (just beware of deer)

I wasn't around for any of the daully races. I rode in it one time but I don't think we ever raced anybody when I was with y'all.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
We must have been running 100+ miles per hour for close to 2 miles 8)

I miss living in the country, sometimes :idea:

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
That road has probably seen hundreds upon hundreds of top speed runs. Flat and straight with cornfields on either side. I remember when I was a teenager I got my first speeding ticket on it haha.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
84sbcregal23deg said:
doin' work!
:?:

I have never been pulled over on that road :mrgreen: My only speeding ticket from MI was on Waldron Rd. With all it's hills, those cops just pop over one with no warning :lol: 75mph in Ryan's old Beretta GT :twisted:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Ritter, glad your memory came back to you thanks the Chris. Those country roads can be fun but where I had my fun you had to watch out for cows....and I don't mean the two legged ones.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor