Rooster

Apprentice
Jan 3, 2010
EddyValvecoversinstalled.jpg

IMG00006-20101018-1959.jpg

IMG00008-20101023-1801.jpg

IMG00118-20101010-1439.jpg

IMG00119-20101010-1441.jpg

Cleaned the interior up, added some trim rings. I'll probably do the engine swap in the Spring, right now it's hunting season,so between that and work, i'm busy.

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
She's coming along really nice Rooster.

I shot you another pm with more info (exhaust, shifter). Thanks for the compliments on my ride (I've had a lot of practice with the number of cars I've had / worked on over the years LOL)!!

Attachments

• MS Install Instructions.zip
    152.1 KB · Views: 194

snowball

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 24, 2009
You have done a really good job of cleaning the car. Espicially the inside. Look forward to when you get the engine in.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Rooster said:
Yeah, I have to say the roof issue is the worst thing about the car. The dash is cracked pretty good in a couple places and quite faded. Also the "woodgrain" is quite faded and looks like crap. I gotta get rid of that steering wheel and replace with a salon/442 wheel.! Anyone know what kind of inlet/outlets I need for my mufflers? offset? inline? (2 1/2 in)
Hey Rooster congrats on the buy, and for having the guts to take on such a project. It already looks A LOT better. Man, I goota say... seeing that rusty roof makes me feel like someone punched me in the stomach. I'm curious how the frame is, the rear frame rails, and the inside bottom lip of the doors ... how is the rust situation in those locations?

I have seen people posting info here about some companies that make reproduction dashes for these cars. You'd have to look or do a search on here.

Also you can cover the faded woodgrain with self adhesive material -- I've done it before with carbon fiber (ie. cover it, then trace it out with a sharp exacto blade) and it looked very good.

For mufflers... I know that most G-bodies (including all my GPs) took offset in/offset out mufflers. Oh, and I recommend Flowmaster Super 40s with an H-pipe if you want the best sounding system bar none! Lol I had to throw that in. And yes, for your engine, 2 1/2 inch pipes work very nice.
:friday:

Rooster

Apprentice
Jan 3, 2010
A little more progress, pulling old engine and painting engine compartment:
Kodakcampics059.jpg

Kodakcampics060.jpg

Kodakcampics062.jpg

Kodakcampics087.jpg

Kodakcampics086.jpg

Rooster

Apprentice
Jan 3, 2010
Are there any of these wires or vacuum attachments that i can toss or hide? What size torque conv. should i use for this engine? the Trans. is a TH350(stock) i plan to add a shift kit also,any recommendations? Hard shifts as possible would be nice, without tearing sh*t up. Part numbers are appreciated.

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
looks like the build is going good
nice to see another blount county member
i lived in maryville for 17 years just recently moved up here to ohio
im missing it already lol
keep up the good work

Rooster

Apprentice
Jan 3, 2010
Yeah, with the curl bar it was like "hey, i wonder if this would-well, hell yeah!" lol. My grandmother's gonna be pissed when she finds out i took her GOOD curl bar and ruined it LMAO. Necessity is the mother of invention :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor