Sea Foam question . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
If you do suck it into the engine like that, run it for a while and then change the oil. You don't want to leave it in there for an extended period of time.

I like to pour a can in my gas tank every now and then.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
I'm sorry, I didn't specify that it needs to go in to the intake NOT the oil valley. Use a vacuum line that will pull it straight into the intake runners. My brake booster vacuum line is connected to the backside of the carburetor flange. If your booster line goes into the valley this will do absolutely nothing for you

Larryg

Greasemonkey
Jun 6, 2008
western Mass
I love the stuff, but I would be careful and use as directed. You do NOT want to soaking anything with rubber on it for too long. But it does clean out a carb just by having it in your fuel.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Larryg said:
I love the stuff, but I would be careful and use as directed. You do NOT want to soaking anything with rubber on it for too long. But it does clean out a carb just by having it in your fuel.
Fuel use is rubber :roll: It would sit in that a whole lot longer than sucking it through the booster vacuum hose (which fuel hose is typically used here anyhow) :mrgreen:

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
-83MONTESS- said:
Chris Van said:
Well I don't know a thing about Sea Foam but that 69 Hurst Olds in your avatar is my dream car.
Same here. My dad has a 68 442 convertible that hes had since before I was born so its in the family lol!

That's cool..... I have a very similar story. My dad has a 71 442 W-30 that he bought new. I was born in 72.... He's had that car longer than he has had me...LOL
It's pretty much a garage queen except for a few nice weather days here and there. And I'm guessing that my kids and grandkids will still have it when I'm gone. (atleast they BETTER!!) Between the 2 of us we've had many others along the way but he has always kept that one and for some reason I have always kept the 83 that I have now and have had for about 22 years now. But the 69 Hurst Olds has always been my favorite. Even had an 83 Hurst Olds for a while too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor