shock tower braces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
I searched the forum and didn't see anything relevant and I think I mentioned this in a thread before about not being able to find one but for a definite question, is there a company that makes a tower brace for gbodies... I know its more rare for carbureted cars with the big air cleaner but I was just wondering... Although I will say that I keep forgetting to look at the bolts on my monte cuz I know some cars dont get braces or are harder to find braces for because they aren't the a-typical 3 bolt pattern shock hat thing so I don't know but thanks for any answer.

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
also, before someone says it, I know people have done the x braces probably because you can steal em from a caddy or an elco or something and bolt them up but I'm not interested in the x braces..... most of a tower braces purpose is to look PERRRRRTY so lets not lie to ourselves to make us feel better about it

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
You are thinkin of strut tower braces which G bodies don't have a strut tower to bolt one to. You could probably make something up to bolt to where the shocks bolt into, but it would look pretty stupid and probably not be very effective.

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
I know it's less common but I could have swore I saw someone that had a top hat to fit on the shock so you could have a tower brace... kinda like my buddies f body... its a shock tower but it's that a arm sh*t so the top hat on top has two bolts and they make tower braces for those... which I mean like I said, the only thing it does is look pretty when you pop your hood

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
The shocks don't even come up above the frame much . Would have to be brace comes acroosed and down .

Ricer or front wheeled drive maybe. But your car has a full frame .very little flex. Now a fuel injected 350 would look perrty under there.

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
wait wait.... you say not much frame flex, and yet I hear nothing but countless terrible things about full frame cars especially with gbodies... that being said, if that's not true please let me know, but either way I like the car to be stiff as **** and I know that I gained serious cornering ability, like.... way the **** serious

funny%20face.jpg

, when I put that rear sway bar on.... I have always wanted a really stiff car and I really hate driving a boat, but it comes hand it hand when you like american muscle :?

I like feeling every crack... if the car feels like its falling apart when you drive it thats just about right... like when my buddy bought his first 240sx (they grow up so fast)

31288_388849223001_668763001_3992553_4425497_n.jpg

but he couldnt drive stick so I had to drive it for 2 hours home, it was like love at first feel when he looked over at me and said did I just buy a car with broken suspension haha, so that being said once all is said and done MUCH much suspension work must be done yet :D

......... I had a big checkout list but buying a motorcycle and then being forced to go on vacation really set me the **** back :cry:

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
oh and on a side note... **** fuel injection

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
gk666 said:
oh and on a side note... **** fuel injection
:rofl: Haha wow that was random!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor