So, how's by you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
It cracks me up every time I see Saguaro cactus in a movie or a picture showing 'New Mexico'. Those only grow where is actually rains, so I totally understand why you are suffering through 109F and 77% humidity.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Well it finally rained cats and dogs, dropped the temps, and the humidity is supposed to go down too. Yay! I even caught some fish, small Stripers I had to throw back, but that beats catching nothing for a month. Hey Steve it sounds like you would enjoy Mexico, it's hot, cheap, and laid back. Just ignore that little drug war going on.......:doh:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Mark, I was thinking about throwing up a tent in Jack's backyard and when he gives me the boot I'll head over to Paul's back yard and bring some doggy biscuits so his two 4 legged kids don't play tug of war with me..hopefully I can avoid winter altogether...:)

King_V

Master Mechanic
Jul 17, 2013
Sicklerville, NJ
I don't. I stay inside, or maybe hit the supermarket. I stay outside very briefly in such temperatures unless there's a pool involved.

I sweat VERY little. Where other people have sweat streaming down their faces, I'll just barely start to get a glaze. To understand, let me explain an actual scenario.

I was at a local dive bar when I lived in central NJ (The Birch Hill, in Old Bridge) sometime in the late 90s or at the turn of the century. The place was extremely crowded, there were fans, but no A/C (or A/C that was not nearly up to the job), and it was June. During a period where the opening band had finished but the headlining band hadn't come out yet (I want to say it was Ratt? Not sure), I was standing around with a half dozen or so other people and BSing. Men and women, they all had sweat pouring down their faces.

One guy says to me suddenly - "Dude, you suck! You haven't even broken a sweat!"

My reply: "Yeah, I know. But it sucks because I'm not cooling off."

So, it sounds convenient, but the "oh, yeah, you're at a higher risk of heat exhaustion and heat stroke" part makes it... less convenient.

How I ever managed with previous cars that had no AC or dead AC, I'll never know - except that I guess I never had to go very far back then.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Ahhhhh..........59º and breezy! Thank you Canada guys for that cold front that blew away the heat and humidity. And to top it off, the fish woke up. I got a Bluefish and a Bass last night on light tackle- now I might even cut my grass and work on the cars.

Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Cold front won't last long, supposed to get back up to the high 80s in NJ this week, yeah!

Last edited:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The temps also broke down here.. 61 degrees this AM and a high in the mid 80's and low humidity...just the way I like it. We actually were able to open the windows for the first time since early May. I love it! I know it's only temporary, but I'll take it as it comes.

Man, the cooler temps definitely help restore motivation.

Last edited:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
When does it actually cool down in FL longroof?
You'll be surprised. It does get cold down here during the winter months. It might not be as consistently cold as it is up north, but it has dropped down in the teens and 20's.
We're in north central Florida, not south Florida where's it's more sub-tropical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor