So just what r NOS 442 strip set worth ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
Title says it all . I got a call from a guy having a lot of NOS 85-88 gbody parts . Out of all the parts the complete set stripes /decals
Sparks my interest .

What should I offer ?

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Most of the NOS decal stuff I've seen is either dried out or wrinkled so check it out carefully before buying. The aftermarket stuff is a VERY close match. It would be cool to say you have NOS decals on your car but not at a huge expense. I would walk if the guy is asking much more than the Phoenix Graphics price.

Brick442

Master Mechanic
Apr 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
What the above posted said . . . most NOS sets I've seen lately have some lifting off the backing paper. Sometimes this can be fixed with adhesive when applying to the car.

The NOS sets are nicer in that they have the body-colored background, where the aftermarket sets have clear which makes getting the proper amount of body color (1/4" if I remember correctly) below the gold stripes before the grey lower color starts. Most people get the wrong, and it makes it obvious that the aftermarket stripes are being used.

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
Anubis said:
Most of the NOS decal stuff I've seen is either dried out or wrinkled so check it out carefully before buying. The aftermarket stuff is a VERY close match. It would be cool to say you have NOS decals on your car but not at a huge expense. I would walk if the guy is asking much more than the Phoenix Graphics price.

Thanks for input . I should get a set from 88hurstOlds
I know they separate . I have a partial NOS set. The set offered is from a climate controlled parts room look fine. I'm giving a "group" price on a truck load stuff from him just wanted a idea

Brick442

Master Mechanic
Apr 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
MR442 said:
Anubis said:

Thanks for input . I should get a set from 88hurstOlds
I know they separate . I have a partial NOS set. The set offered is from a climate controlled parts room look fine. I'm giving a "group" price on a truck load stuff from him just wanted a idea
As for a ballpark price, A few years ago I sold a partial set of 85-85 442 Stripes (NOS in GM boxes) for about $620. Missing a 2 of the stripes.

About a year before that, I sold a full NOS stripe set still in the GM boxes for around $750. The prices for these seem to be all over the place the past 10 years.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
What color? I sure could use a blue set. I got a burgundy set and several black sets...still looking for blue.

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
69hurstolds said:
What color? I sure could use a blue set. I got a burgundy set and several black sets...still looking for blue.

Told me burgandy But I will go see if he accepts offer on all other stuff . I told him My offer would depend on condition . All he lights ,console and other stuff is in oem boxes . At half ebay prices will still be over $2000 on everything

Thanks to all reply
I'll post up picks if I get them .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor