Someone help me with painless wiring harness, in chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
Hi guys,
I am looking for someone to install or help me out with painless wiring harness in my 84 El Camino , I am from the chicago land area, and my car should be done from the body shop this week. My elecitracl is messed up, my brake light not working, my a/c blower is not working, my headlight is shot, my horn would not honk, and the list goes on and on, the only thing my car dose it's start and drive thats it ,, :( my el co has and 87 dashboard and steering ... all the wires are hanging on my driver side foot
I really want to know if someone have done this before in there G body? how easy to install them, how loong it takes, and what brand should i go with, soo far i found painless which there are selling the universal kind :|

Please help i need input guys

stomis

Master Mechanic
May 14, 2010
Brick NJ
Re: Someone help me with painless wiring harness, in chicag

So your replacing the body harness then? Cause I was gonna say the stand alone engine harnesses are really self explanatory to install.

My advise to you is to first trace where your factory harness is and remove all needed interior items to properly run the wires without stopping and loosing your train of thought 10 times.

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010

any more input ?

trog

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2009
tampa, florida

just installed a painless 15 circut in a 68 camaro this weekend, pulled interior, removed old harness, and ran new, two people, about 7 hours,all finished exept for engine and headlites (NOTHING FOWARD OF THE FIREWALL YET) and the audio wiring. painless is the best aftermarket harness period. I have personally done at least 20, and they always go pretty smooth.

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010

how much you rate the easy level on those, and can you please give me a part number for my chevy el camino bud

trog

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2009
tampa, florida

here is the part #, P/N 10201
18 Circuit Universal / Streetrod Harness / GM Keyed Column
this is the one I use, just be patient and take your time. dont cut any wires until you are ready to attatch to the end point,and always leave yourself plenty of slack to work with

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010

thank torg i really appreciate your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor