Stainless Body Moldings

Status
Not open for further replies.

78Prix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2007
I have a 1978 Pontiac Grand Prix and was wondering where I might be able to buy the stainless body moldings new or in great shape? If any one on here could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Get thee to a junkyard or Ebay and start looking. They are out there, but as with every old car project it will take a lot of searching to find everything you need.

78Prix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2007
Ya, I have them all but the one that goes on the edge of the hood by the window.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Yea, well, I hope you have deep pockets...I've been looking for that piece of trim for five years. When I find it, it's gonna be MINE!

78Prix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2007
Ya, im not sure if the one that was on it was original or not. It was made out of plastic. I just figured it should be metal but I could be wrong.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
GM used some of those plastic chrome pieces in the 70's ( my mom's 1976 Nova had them too), and finding them in good condition will be hard.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Is the 80' trim piece plastic or metal?
Since the windshield is the same it seems to reason the curvature of the rear edge of the hood would be the same. Might work, or be adaptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor