Starter Solenoid for Summit SUM-G1660 Mini High-Torque Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmorman

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2008
Perry, IA
Howdy!
I am in need of some info on my SUM-G1660 starter. I need to purchase a solenoid for it. I have been in contact with Summit, but they no longer offer this unit and apparently have no idea about any replacement parts. The best they could offer was that it "MIGHT" be a TCI 351125 solenoid. Do any of you have any ideas? The closest thing I could find on Summit's site to what I have was a SUM-G1660A. However, while they look similar, I don't know the differences, if any, in the solenoid.

Thanks,

Russ

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Re: Starter Solenoid for Summit SUM-G1660 Mini High-Torque S

I would wire the S directly to the power terminal and run a remote ford solenoid

starter_solenoid.gif

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

I like it cause the wire to the starter is dead until you start the car and then there's no power to it after you release the key. That makes it easier to connect the cable to the starter and if the wire is burnt by the headers it won't short anything out.

larryo454

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010

X2 on this set up.

pontiacgp said:
I like it cause the wire to the starter is dead until you start the car and then there's no power to it after you release the key. That makes it easier to connect the cable to the starter and if the wire is burnt by the headers it won't short anything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor