STUPID DELCO RADIO ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy4elkys

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2017
Upper SC
I hate asking this but, my 86 442 delco cassette is stuck on am. how do i get it to fm. thanks

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Two buttons on the left side stacked vertically, bottom button. The outer ring is fade, which is turned to move the bias in the sound from the front speakers to the rear speakers and somewhere in the middle you get a balanced sound spread that lets you hear sound surround if you have it.
The button itself is the tuner button but I think it might also be a toggle switch that you push in to change from AM to FM and back again. Just to the right of that button should be the on off switch which resembles the power switch on old school stereo amplifiers.

The other thing that might be stopping you is having a cassette in the player. Turn the power on and punch the eject button for the cassette and see what pops out, if anything.

If nothing ops then either give the button a turn all the way to the right as far as it will go, or give it a push in and see what happens............................

Nick

Crazy4elkys

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2017
Upper SC
Two buttons on the left side stacked vertically, bottom button. The outer ring is fade, which is turned to move the bias in the sound from the front speakers to the rear speakers and somewhere in the middle you get a balanced sound spread that lets you hear sound surround if you have it.
The button itself is the tuner button but I think it might also be a toggle switch that you push in to change from AM to FM and back again. Just to the right of that button should be the on off switch which resembles the power switch on old school stereo amplifiers.

The other thing that might be stopping you is having a cassette in the player. Turn the power on and punch the eject button for the cassette and see what pops out, if anything.

If nothing ops then either give the button a turn all the way to the right as far as it will go, or give it a push in and see what happens............................

Nick
I'll try that tomorrow. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor