Summit/Jegs Exhaust system

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131
I'm sure this has been covered at one point or another but has anyone purchased the Summit or Jegs dual exhaust system for our G-bodies?

I'm looking at the 2.5 kit without mufflers.. I was going to toss in a set Flowmaster 44s I'm tired of my cheap leaky 2.25 glass pack system it makes my 5.3 sound like a big straight 6.. I have dumps now and it resonates like a mother trucker..

Any thoughts? I'm not looking to spend a fortune and here in Ohio the EPA Nazi's mandate Cats on cars that came with em so having a custom set is made is out of the question.

Thanks!

MightyCarlo86

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2012
I currently have that kit from summit installed on my Monte Carlo. It does not fit 100% perfect as with most kits that I've seen so it will take some tinkering to get it right. I am using that kit with 2466HKR shorty headers so I wouldn't know how fitment would be depending on what headers you're running. You will have to make sure you get the double hump cross member or have your stock one modified ( I've had both and the aftermarket cross member is defiantely worth the money) I uploaded a picture its not the greatest by far but its the only one I have. Its the Summit racing 2.5" dual exhaust without mufflers. Looks and sounds great. Hope this helps you out some.

Attachments

• Monte Carlo Exhaust.jpg
    Monte Carlo Exhaust.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,739

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131
MightyCarlo86 said:
I currently have that kit from summit installed on my Monte Carlo. It does not fit 100% perfect as with most kits that I've seen so it will take some tinkering to get it right. I am using that kit with 2466HKR shorty headers so I wouldn't know how fitment would be depending on what headers you're running. You will have to make sure you get the double hump cross member or have your stock one modified ( I've had both and the aftermarket cross member is defiantely worth the money) I uploaded a picture its not the greatest by far but its the only one I have. Its the Summit racing 2.5" dual exhaust without mufflers. Looks and sounds great. Hope this helps you out some.

I picked up a set of F-body longtubes I modified for my car (2001 5.3 Tahoe engine)

So I fully intend on welding up some collectors.. I cut up my x-member a few yrs back I was never impressed with the fit of the G-force member, it was too big and bulky..
and it wasn't wide enough... the crossmember was literally 1 inch too short!

Anyways I expect some tinkering with it I just wanted to see what ppl thought about it. If it was worth it

SafariWagon

Master Mechanic
Jan 15, 2009
I have installed 2 G-force crossmembers. One each in my cars. Totally happy with the fit. Maybe you need to turn it 180 degrees? The taller of the two bends that allows the exhaust to pass through goes on the passenger side. I had a different brand in the wagon at first. A light weight round tube design. The flex noticed on the 4spd shifter handle going down the road was so much I thought I was going to break or crack my case. Switched to G force and it was fixed. True they are big and heavy but no flex. I also have the Summit kit with mufflers on my Monte. Fits great. Just make sure if you buy the kit without mufflers that when you purchase new mufflers they are the same length as the mufflers summit sells with the kit.

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131
Well at the time I had a Th350 so the crossmember could only fit one way... the top of the U's were stuck against my floor and like I said the whole deal was an inch short.. So figuring I was going to do a Th2004r swap anyways I cut up a factory member and welded it solid... Never had an issue :)

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
between disney and bush garden,FL
I have the jegs 2 1/2'' aluminun ( no mufflers , I had my own ) mandrel bent , fit the floor contours good. I got the rear exit, all fit well. wish I would have got the GN exit now. just like the exit location better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor