swap help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuttyboyz-jd-85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2010
I need help with s v6 cutlass swap to a 307 do i need any thing special to make thr swap happen im buying a whole cutlass in which i will be takeing the motor from

mugzi

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2007
it depends do u plan on keeping all the factory carb an intake, along wit the smog an emission stuff

cuttyboyz-jd-85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2010
Yeah its just going to be a swap i plan on getting a new intake and carb next summer im just trying to drive my baby again

mugzi

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2007
the thing wit a v8 is tht ur intake is going to b for a four barrel which your carb is going to b four barrel too..so the connections tht u have for tht v6 two barrel may not match up to tht four barrel....so altercations may need to b made to the harness....but if u got a carb at least u can eliminat alot of vacums tht u dont need..plus it'll give u a lil bit more horse power...an if uk add headers tht'll free up alot of space under thr too......

cuttyboyz-jd-85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2010
I just ordered some headers because the 307 im putting in already has a mild cam in it. So i might just get a carb to but should i get the 700 or 600?

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
cuttyboyz-jd-85 said:
I just ordered some headers because the 307 im putting in already has a mild cam in it. So i might just get a carb to but should i get the 700 or 600?

A stock 307 with a mild cam can barely use a 500 cfm carb.

Ve8r

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2010
If you go with the 307 make sure it has the 5a heads.If it has the 7a heads the intake ports are tiny.Just a head swap to the 5a's a Edelbrock Performer intake,Dual Exhaust,a Regular HEI Distributor ( Non Computer Controlled), and a Good Q-jet carb will really wake that 307 up.......and a Nitrous kit with 125Hp pills in it is even more fun. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor