T-top weatherstrippi

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayorjesse

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 11, 2005
San Francisco, CA
T-top weatherstripping

Anyone know a good place to get t-top weather strtipping for my 83 cutlass calais. Does anyone know what other weather strip kits are compatible (like monte carlos, buick regals, etc).
thanks,
mayor

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
If you've got the aftermarket cars & concepts tops (like my GP does) the only place to get part is from the sunroof doctor, they bought the old C&C inventory a few years back.

See this post for a drawing and parts list: http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=26

http://sunroofdoctor.com/

Last I looked they didn't have the G-body stuff listed on their site though.

There's two simple ways to tell which kind you have. If you've got the interior plastic trim, and the glass goes all the way to the forward roofline then they're probably factory. The C&C tops leave about 3" of metal on the forward roofline and don't have the interior trim.

87MonteSS

Master Mechanic
Jan 3, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
You'll need to do some research as well. There are a few manufacturers of the seals. Some good, some terrible. Fit and seal are common complaints I've seen on a few different car boards. I haven't replaced mine on the Monte yet, so I don't have any direct experience, but I thought I'd pass along what I've seen/heard.

mayorjesse

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 11, 2005
San Francisco, CA
ttop lookup

is there something on the VIN that might indicate whether their factory or not? I believe mine are factory tho - i got the interior trim and the bodies by fisher (or whatever they say) ttop covers look original to the car and fit the glass. i do need those metal pieces too, one side has rusted out. does anyone know a good kit or a site that might have some users opinions? thanks all

Renthorin

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Michigan
Brian from gbodyparts.com is big on turbobuick.com I remember some posts about people installing his replacement metal parts.

Might try there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor