The Heap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
I rarely post here (usually on MalibuRacing.com), but I thought I'd stop over with a few pics. I'm currently in the process of pulling the motor back out to do rings (drove it as a major smoker last summer :p).

Motor is basically a Vortec 350 long block with a Comp XE268 cam (224º/230º @ .050", .477"/.480"), GMPP dual plane intake, and Edelbrock 1405 (600cfm) carb. I'm also replacing the Saginaw 3-speed with a 4-speed I picked up a couple weeks ago... finally found one with the ratio set I've been looking for :D It also has a set of Hotchkis springs, 34mm F-Body front sway bar, stock G-Body rear sway bar, and F-41 frame braces. This may be the last summer this car gets driven, I've been noticing little hints that the car is basically falling apart (dang rust belt...). I have a '78 that I picked up just after Christmas '07 that will ultimately have an LS motor and T56, but until I can afford that setup it will get a motor/trans (and the suspension) transplant from the '81.
DSC00620.jpg

DSC00618.jpg

DSC01965.jpg

DSC00625.jpg

DSC00624.jpg

DSC00626.jpg

DSC00524.jpg

The '78
DSC07671-1.jpg

DSC07671-1.jpg

DSC07694-1.jpg

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
Thanks. It still has some problem areas though. Gotta fix the firewall between the top of the A/C box area & windshield, the lower front part of the pass. door jamb, bottom of the driver's side a-pillar, and some pinhole rust in the pass. footwell (looks like the heater core failed at some point). It's already been patched (used to be a Landau, top's gone, and quarters have been patched), but it looks like they did decent work... I still plan to take the paint down so I don't have any surprises in the future.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Your '81 isn't as rusty as my Malibu wagon is... I'd drive it! :lol:

The '78 looks great, I love the color, I'm going with a similar color when I paint my '83 wagon this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor