BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Do you have enough room to access the nuts to tightn & loosen them after all the weld work is done?
Yes. The modifications performed have zero impact on the accessibility or functionality. The access is exactly the same as before, with no interference. They’re actually quite easy to get to, just a simple deep socket on a 1/4” ratchet.

They’re just as easy to access afterwards now as before because nothing has really changed other than making the spot where the mirror mounts stronger and removing the air gap between the inner structure and outer skin.

Reactions: 3 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Amazing work again. I'm probably repeating myself but not only your work but the way you lay it out for us is very well done. This thread could be a book on bodywork and modifications.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Amazing work again. I'm probably repeating myself but not only your work but the way you lay it out for us is very well done. This thread could be a book on bodywork and modifications.

Thank you Tony.
I try and incorporate little tips, tricks, and things I’ve learned along the way into my posts that I think would help others too. Somebody might as well benefit from my trials and errors, and if they can achieve the same or nicer end result then I’ll have been glad to have been at least a small part of it.
That’s why I do it.
To me it’s all part of giving back and helping others learn what I had to figure out on my own.

Reactions: 6 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Amazing the amount of hours involved such a small, yet crucial detail.

In all honesty, the amount of hours isn’t all that much, it’s just fine, picky and finicky work. Total hours from start to finish was probably only around 8-10, but that was spread out over a couple days on weekends and evenings. Wouldn’t even have been so bad if it wasn’t for having to do the majority of the work in that tight, cramped little area.
Even welding in there wasn’t terrible, it was the grinding that was challenging.

Reactions: 5 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
In all honesty, the amount of hours isn’t all that much, it’s just fine, picky and finicky work. Total hours from start to finish was probably only around 8-10, but that was spread out over a couple days on weekends and evenings. Wouldn’t even have been so bad if it wasn’t for having to do the majority of the work in that tight, cramped little area.
Even welding in there wasn’t terrible, it was the grinding that was challenging.
Yes, but that is 8-10 hours on a mod that most people would never think twice about. That’s what sets a great build apart. Both of your cars have countless small things done to them, that go unnoticed, unless pointed out. A great example is the turn signal indicators on the fenders of olds cool. Much better than stock, and you’d never know what work went into that.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yes, but that is 8-10 hours on a mod that most people would never think twice about. That’s what sets a great build apart. Both of your cars have countless small things done to them, that go unnoticed, unless pointed out. A great example is the turn signal indicators on the fenders of olds cool. Much better than stock, and you’d never know what work went into that.

I suppose that is true!
Thanks for the kind comments and support, the feedback from guys like you is what keeps me putting in the effort to make these detailed posts.

Reactions: 5 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
have you thought of picking up one of those pneumatic(that never looks correct) belt sanders? they're handy in spots.those harbor freight ones are worthy.

Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
have you thought of picking up one of those pneumatic(that never looks correct) belt sanders? they're handy in spots.those harbor freight ones are worthy.

I actually have one, but I hardly ever use it. I find the belts never last long, I’m always shredding them. I imagine it would take forever to sand down a weld with one.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor