the story of the 3 olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

78_oldcruiser

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2010
Seven Springs NC
Well this is the story of the 3 olds... my old lady, my olds wagon, and my new olds engine :rofl:

ok anyway Monday i found a 403 engine so i told my old lady we are going to check it out so she said ok
we loaded up the kids in the 78 olds cutlass cruiser and left for grandmas house. we get there and drop both kids off and drop the rear seat so we can load the engine over the axles, well we drive about 2 hours to check it out. we get there and guess what..... it was in great shape and the numbers matched up with that lochness block(you know the 1, the '77 solid mains block) we were so excited we loaded it up paid him $160 and off we went wagon leading the way with bumper about 4" from the ground lol. well we get it back to grandmas house, drop the oil pan and guess what i saw???? the most amazing thing anyone in the olds world wants to see.... solid mains.... nope, but my old lady grabbing tools asking me what i want her to do lol i was in heaven. she helped me rip it completely apart. the inside was pretty damn descent and probably needs no more than 20 over to clean it up but it looks like it didnt even have 10k on it. well it will be getting a 330 crank, new pistons, heads by jim, main gurddle by jim, still deciding on intake, a 2004r trans, and strange s60 rear. will also be running electric water pump and electric radiator fan. well thats my story of the 3 olds, hope yall liked it. pics coming soon of my olds wagon and my olds engine. might throw some up of my old lady as well lol

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Give us casting #'s and many pictures. The 403 design makes solid mains nearly impossible. Probably a 350 or maybe a 75-76 260 :shock: .

78_oldcruiser

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2010
Seven Springs NC
it wasnt solid mains, that about broke my heart but my wife helping me made me feel better lol but for $160 the good motor and the bonding time with my wife was worth it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor