Thoughts on Mr Heater Big Buddy Heater?

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
I'm surprised nobody is chiming in about the water vapor component of propane heat.

Yes, it is corrosive, but you probably got worse chemicals for cleaning parts then the condensate that thing will put off. Unless you built your garage airtight like a house, you should have more than enough fresh air penetration to be safe.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
You just need to work at a brisk pace to stay warm. Your lows are higher than our highs this week

December 1989, Concord, up on the bay, myself and a couple buddies delivered a fuel dragster to a doctor. We were running around in short sleeves, some of his buddies showed up to see it the next morning. Not one, but 2 of them showed up in parkas:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
I haven't used that particular heater, but I did use a "vent free gas heater" for several years.
I was in the mid-west at the time and needed to keep the shop from freezing, this was my cheapest option.
As others mentioned, vent free gas will put off moisture.
It did cause some of my equipment to rust, and caused a lot of issues with painting my wagon.
I never had any trouble with CO2, and I expect the Cali climate will minimize the humidity output in your shop.

Heck, when I was a kid, my dad used one of these kerosene jet dryer things in his shop.....Has to be safer than that :)

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
We've been using those jet heaters forever in the garage. They do put off fumes and they are very loud, BUT they do work. Personally, I have an old *ss 50's or 60's downdraft DouTherm oil furnace (vents outside- no fumes). Works awesome when it works; it's a process....... The guy doing my neighbor's house has one of these going in the basement; it's BADASS!
1549991190805.png
He claims it's 98% efficient, and it is quiet. However, I think they're about 2Gs....

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
We've been using those jet heaters forever in the garage.
They do put off fumes and they are very loud
My dad also used 2 in his body shop in the 70's ......I HATED the noise and smell of these things more than anything in the shop.
Also, the open flame always seemed questionable in a shop full of paint fumes, but that never stopped him. LOL
That shop and those heaters wrecked my hearing at a young age.

The guy doing my neighbor's house has one of these going in the basement; it's BADASS!
He claims it's 98% efficient, and it is quiet. However, I think they're about 2Gs....

Wow that's nice, but OUCH

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor