tools

jlat

Master Mechanic
Jan 25, 2013
hey people: speaking of tools how many of youz carry them in your GB. I do and it's convenient when your messing with your car but I think on going to bare minumum. Of course it depends how far your going but a socket set and wrenches it can get heavy.
IBBY

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, electrical tape, zip ties, mechanic's wire, starting fluid, brake cleaner, oil, ATF, brake fluid, lug nuts, belts, jack, jack stands, and other stuff was all in mine until recently since I only bought it about 7 months ago. I've since removed the jack, stands, and wire but everything else stays. Also, a trailer ball / hitch makes a great roadside hammer.

Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
When Napa had them on special, I acquired a couple of those wrench and socket sets that were offered in the blown plastic briefcases. What they include as basic tools will suffice for most minor issues. If long ranging or on vacation, I'd be adding a 2.5T baby floor jack along with Long Arm, my 30" Power/Johnson bar and a few other specialty bits and pieces plus components like V-belts and hoses c/w hose clamps jic. They are also useful for minor salvage yard raids or parts snatches where you can run into odd combinations of both fractional and metric nuts and bolts side by each in the durnest places.

Nick

Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Oh, yeah, the plus list would include both oil and anti-freeze, plus some ATF and power steering fluid. and windshield washer fluid too. Yeah, yeah, overkill but................ya can have it with and never use it, or you can leave it behind because ya never needed it in the past and.......................Boom.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Should include a paperclip to read trouble codes.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I had an 87 Cutlass Supreme before the 442. It didn't have the spare in the trunk. I had a medium sized plastic tool box that wedged down in the tire well perfectly. I loaded it up with all the metric size sockets and wrenches along with screw drivers etc.
It worked well and added a little weight to the passenger side rear wheel ;)

Hutch

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor