TPS in a 1987 code 9 engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
I need to replace the TPS and I don't find anything listed for a code 9 engine, are the TPS's for the Olds 307 all the same code Y or 9? Also during my searches on here, I've seen referance to adjusting the TPS, I've looked through my GM service manual and I didn't find anything about adjustments on it, I may have missed it. Can someone direct me how to adjust the TPS or tell me where in the manual it's at?
Thank you
Mark

rocketengine

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 29, 2013
They are the same for all CCC carbs in fact.
Adjustment is usually done with a volt meter IIRC, just Google it...

You can usually replace the TPS without making an adjustment. The adjustment procedure is usually found in the Emmission section of the manual. Check out code 21.

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
Thanks, I ordered and received the TPS, but have not installed yet, ordered silicone vacuum hose, I'm going to look for cracked or worn vacuum lines, and replace all that I can, before proceeding to the carb, I have to get gaskets or a full rebuild kit for the carb before taking it apart. Have not been able to find a rebuild kit online yet. Plan to remove the air pump and cat while I'm doing all the rest of this. Also looking for the plugs that replace the air lines, seen on here they are not a std pipe plugs, but plug with straight threads, have to find those also. Any help/ direction to where to buy this stuff would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

rocketengine

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 29, 2013
Check out item 141769519770 on eBay. You can call them to make sure it is what you need. They are great people to work with.

rocketengine

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 29, 2013
Check out item 141769519770 on eBay. You can call them to make sure it is what you need. They are great people to work with.
I may have given you the wrong eBay item number. The first one is for a Chevy 305. This one is for an Olds 307 - 141780185803.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor