Turbo headers

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
What's a brand of turbo header that will fit for a 6L LS.

Bought a set of Flowtechs and there is no chance they are clearing the steering column. Not just a shaft issue but also the tube of the steering column. Flowtech makes no claim, these fit a g body.

Attachments

• 20231009_165458.jpg
    20231009_165458.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 69

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I know nothing about turbo setups but a few guys on ls1tech have stuffed turbo LS engines into S-10s.

Screenshot_20231012-030429.png

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
What's a brand of turbo header that will fit for a 6L LS.

Bought a set of Flowtechs and there is no chance they are clearing the steering column. Not just a shaft issue but also the tube of the steering column. Flowtech makes no claim, these fit a g body.
Flipped truck manifolds with v-band flanges have proven themselves.

Reactions: 2 users

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
I want headers for a slight reduction in back pressure and S10 is not a G body. Appreciate the responses.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Truck manifolds will fit easily and they are not a restriction as compared to a set of 1 5/8 headers. If you find a set of headers that flow better, then the difference will not be measurable.

Truck manifolds are worth it just for the plug and plug wire access. Burnt plug wires and their symptom (misfires) suck to deal with. And the manifolds are BEYOND reliable.

Reactions: 2 users

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
I hear you on the plug access and reliability, especially with 30lbs hanging off red hot pipes and a handful of M8's. It was considered since I can not support the turbo with brackets to the frame.

My coils will probably not be above the pipes and the size will be 1 3/4". Richard Holdner has a vid on manifolds vs headers. There was more back pressure in the manifolds.
The manifold exhaust flange is also a minor inconvenience for me.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
There are a lot of manifolds out there that suck (cheap materials/crack prone). But there are also very good ones as well.

I’m yet to see a header manifold that doesn’t create a packaging issue if the inner fenders aren’t removed (race car).

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I don't mean to derail or hijack this thread but in the name of learning I have to ask: If the S-10 is so similar to a G-Body then wouldn't their setups be near perfect for your application? Because engine block to steering column clearance sure isn't better in the truck.

If some S-10 guys are using eBay headers that are very eerily similar to your Flowtechs but cheaper, wouldn't they be worth trying (and sending back if necessary)? The minor differences might be just what you need to clear.

The truck manifolds are only outdone by the C6 ZO6 manifolds. GM finally made one that outflows the old Rams' Horns, which flow like Block-Huggers.

Hooker makes stainless manifolds (8503HKR) you can cut the flange from and use bands.

Not trying to be a dick, it just comes naturally.

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
S10 and G body definitely share many components.

Buying and sending back is not as easy in Canada.

Ebay headers are not a brand. I just looked and there are at least one page of LS turbo headers. I still do not know which brand.
For sure, there is an ebay header that works. I bought this engine from a guy who had this in a Malibu with ebay headers but he doesn't remember which brand they were.

Turbo Nasty claims to have a set that will work in a G body. Just need to sort out shipping an exhaust part out of California. Not easy.

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Thank you, that explains everything.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor