Viper Alarm and trunk release

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDKLXPRS

Apprentice
Jan 19, 2013
Daytona Beach FL; Lexington NC
Hey guys, i have had a Viper alarm on my car for a couple of years now but i am just now getting around to hooking up the trunk release aux channel. I found the red/white wire from the alarm that is used for it, and the wires that come in and out of the trunk release button in the glove box (Orange/Black wire and a black wire.) But i have no idea how to actually wire the 2 together. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Tyler

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
You'll need to use a relay to hook it up. The wire from the alarm is a negative output while the trunk release needs positive. The 2 side pins on a relay (85 and 86) are the switch. One will get the red/white from the alarm (negative) and the other goes to a fused constant power source. 87 on the relay will also get connected to constant fused power. 30 is your power out to the trunk release; connect that to the wire on the trunk switch that is energized when you hit the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor