Vortech superchargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I have an older v1 with the oil return and straight cut gears on a gen 2 lt1 in my 442. Has over 8,000 miles on it and beside being non intercooled it's a nice system. Have no idea what it's putting down hp wise but it moves out for using the stock cpu and vortech fmu. Next step would be getting an aftermarket controller for it to open up some tuning options as I am using the 93 lt1 chip based computer and it's hard for me to find someone to burn a chip for my setup.

I'm going to 411 swap my LT1 this winter, easy peasy with the OBDII LT1 timing cover, reluctor, etc.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Seems like the best way to do it using mostly oem parts. I'm in NYC and finding someone competent to tune is somewhat of an issue.
NYC has little to do with finding a competent guy to tune an OBD II with a supercharger. It's becoming a lost art. Swapping to a 411 PCM will help find more people to pull it off. But if you don't need the stock gauge function, then I'm not seeing a reason to swap to a stock anything PCM. Put in an aftermarket ECM and tune it yourself.

slow 442

Greasemonkey
Jan 16, 2014
NYC has little to do with finding a competent guy to tune an OBD II with a supercharger. It's becoming a lost art. Swapping to a 411 PCM will help find more people to pull it off. But if you don't need the stock gauge function, then I'm not seeing a reason to swap to a stock anything PCM. Put in an aftermarket ECM and tune it yourself.
All autometer gauges. Definitely open to going aftermarket ecm. Just not sure which way to go

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Are you using the stock LT1 dizzy and intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor