w-30 hoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild Card

Apprentice
Jan 5, 2013
that looks sweet but thats kinda pricey to. did you bondo it to your origional hood?

littlerascle59

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2009
Mississippi
Wild Card said:
that looks sweet but thats kinda pricey to. did you bondo it to your origional hood?
Usbodysource's w30 hoods cost about $200 more and involve more prep work to even get it fit right if I'm not mistaken. Vfn is the way to go when it comes to these hoods.

bugsyroo01

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2013
Wild Card said:

I second what littlerascal59 said. U.S.B.S is more expencive and way more work. VFN is the way to go. I live within 4 hrs of them so I picked it up. Shipping is rediculously expencive though lol $160.00... The hood is fiberglass and functional Open Air Induction equipped. Not just bondo and scoops.

How soon till you get that in color?

bugsyroo01

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2013
Also I think the black gel coat looks pretty sweet and tolarable as it is. Black does well on silver

bugsyroo01 said:
xitabl442 said:

Not sure man... If I get it painted then I would want stripe decals on the scoops and IDK what color to get.
I think stripes the color of your vinyl top would look good. The gel coat may not be UV resistant, might fade this summer.

bugsyroo01

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2013
xitabl442 said:
bugsyroo01 said:
xitabl442 said:

Not sure man... If I get it painted then I would want stripe decals on the scoops and IDK what color to get.
I think stripes the color of your vinyl top would look good. The gel coat may not be UV resistant, might fade this summer.

Hmm good lookin out man. True wasnt thinkin about that. I' ll ask Armondo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor