wanting a wet kit for my car

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Bad4558

Greasemonkey
Nov 12, 2013
I've been looking at a lot of nitrous kits and been doing a good bit of research. Can someone point me in the right direction. I'm wanting a wet kit cause it seems better for the motor from what I've been reading. I'm also not wanting to go over a 150 shot. I've been eye balling a nx mainline system (part # NEX-ML 1000) from summit racing. It seems like a complete kit but I'm also a noob to nitrous. Any help with what parts or what precautions to take would be greatly appreciated. It would be going on a BBO. I will give some specs if need be.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I also did a lot of research before buying my kit. I built my engine to be able to handle the 300 max horsepower my Zex Perimeter Plate System can deliver.
For my set up I have an arming switch on the center console, a full throttle switch mounted to the carburetor and since I am running an MSD with a rev limter
I also have a window switch so that the nitrous only comes on and shuts off at the specific rpm I set .
For the system to work on mine it has to be armed, at full throttle and in the window switches rpm range then I can hit the momentary switch on my shifter handle to go. A video of my set up is the second video in my signature below.

1Bad4558

Greasemonkey
Nov 12, 2013
I know I got to have a arming switch but I was thinking about using a push button for activation as I don't want to spray coming off the line to save wear and tear on drive train. Would I need to run a separate fuel pump for the 150 shot or would my pump be enough it's a aeromotive 150 gph at 14 psi. Also do you have any tuning tips for a beginner.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
As long as the push button switch is a momentary switch you can use it to activate the nitrous, the kit might have a momentary switch that comes with it.
For your 150 shot your fuel pump should be enough, I have my secondary fuel system in place for going beyond that mark plus I already had the pump, filter and regulator so I just had to plumb it in.
Obviously start off with the lowest setting which I think is 100 for that kit.
Really most kits are just basic and all the add ons to improve the system like controllers, bottle heaters, gauges etc. add up real quick

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Let me just say I am not an expert on nitrous but I did do quite a bit of research on component selection and on setting up and wiring a reliable system.
The nitrous controllers are typically programmable to progressively supply nitrous and have delays etc. along with many other features but can be quite costly and really not necessary for your application and are typically used in full on race applications
I have two gauges on my pillar pod for my nitrous set up, one is for the fuel pressure for the nitrous side and the other is the nitrous bottle pressure.
I would say if you are on a tight budget other than purchasing the kit at the very least get a bottle blanket, beyond that if you have the funds to get more things I would add are a purge kit, bottle heater, nitrous pressure gauge, etc. basically the add ons give you more consistency and reliability and with extra gauges you can monitor what is going on at a glance.
Obviously to add any more nitrous than you already plan your engine would have to be set up correctly with the right components etc.

1Bad4558

Greasemonkey
Nov 12, 2013
I've come to figure out there is no tight budget when it comes to reliable. I'm gonna spring for the system, heater, gauges (both fuel and nitrous) and all the necessary wiring and relays to make sure its done right.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
That was the same conclusion I came to also, I did shop around quite a bit to get the best price on all the components though.
I saved a few hundred by doing this instead of my usual go straight to Summit or Jeg's site.

ssRat

n00b
Aug 18, 2013
not to bring up an old thread but since I cannot make my own post, I need some help. I need someone to help me figure out how to plump a 150 shot nitrous plate system on a 454 bbc with a turbo 400 in a monte carlo. I don't know whether to use one pump for the tank in the car and the fuel cell for nitrous or to use two different pumps. also I don't know which filters to use or how many regualtors. its a single holley 850 carb. and help in the plumbing would be appreciated thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor