Weather Stripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

varns1985442

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2010
SD
Any have any recommendations for g body weather stripping? My 87 and my 442 could use new seals. Probly just gonna replace it all lookin for a complete t top kit. Our local suppliers carry metro moulding anybody use this before. http://www.metrommp.com/

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I just changed my t-top seals and used that brand. The seals don't come all the way to the edge of the A pillar so when it rains it leaks down the A pillar a little. I'm waiting for a response from them to see why they are short. Other than that the seals fit nice.

when you're changing the seals these instructions will help you out.....

http://members.shaw.ca/gregtsmith/T-Top ... -Strip.htm

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I originally bought Softseal to replace my door seals on my 83 Monte hardtop but I had to stretch the moulding to get it to line up with the holes on my door. I sent them back to Summit with pictures of the problem and reordered Metro supersoft and they fit perfect. That was 3 years ago I replaced everything and no problems. I do think my trunk seal is Softseal that I bought with my first order but that one is cut to fit anyway.[youtube][/youtube]

varns1985442

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2010
SD
565bbchevy said:
I originally bought Softseal to replace my door seals on my 83 Monte hardtop but I had to stretch the moulding to get it to line up with the holes on my door. I sent them back to Summit with pictures of the problem and reordered Metro supersoft and they fit perfect. That was 3 years ago I replaced everything and no problems. I do think my trunk seal is Softseal that I bought with my first order but that one is cut to fit anyway.[youtube][/youtube]

Was the metro kit for a ttop? have to do some reasearch and see if it there all made goofy or if they had a bad batch

varns1985442

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2010
SD
pontiacgp said:
I just changed my t-top seals and used that brand. The seals don't come all the way to the edge of the A pillar so when it rains it leaks down the A pillar a little. I'm waiting for a response from them to see why they are short. Other than that the seals fit nice.

when you're changing the seals these instructions will help you out.....

http://members.shaw.ca/gregtsmith/T-Top ... -Strip.htm

Any responce about the t top seals yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor