• 71+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
48 year Old..Field Engineer for a major automotive manufacturer. I fix what the mechanics can't. I get on a plane Monday and fly wherever and then fly back home on Friday..every week..I don't get to work much on my car any more :(

Justink

Greasemonkey
Nov 28, 2010
be 17 next week and so far I've owned 3 G bodies. A 1980 cutlass supreme (traded for a 4x4 pickup), a 1981 cutlass (parts unit) and my 1984 which is my project car.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Re: What age are g body owners?

52 now. I can't believe how fast the last 20 years have gone.
Went to work for Cadillac in 81,left in 93 to work at the GM Desert proving grounds. ( the best job experience I ever had )
In 96 reality set in and I had to go back to a dealership, Needed to make some real money.
I took a job with a Buick GMC,and Pontiac dealer. In 98 I became the shop foreman stayed there until 2003.
I got hit by a drunk driver that was street racing in November that year.
I was in the hospital for three months,they did 3 surgeries to rebuild my hips and rt leg.
( got 11 lbs of metal , wire and screws holding my *ss together now. :cry:
Retired now . I am the grumpy old guy that all the teenagers hate on my block, :p
I bought my El Camino in 82 I have redone it three time now It was two tone black with gold on the roof and lower body.
I even wrecked it once replaced every thing from the windshield fwd.
I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have a great wife been married for 28 years now. She says the car is my other wife. :roll: .

I'm 41, I've had a few g-bodies in the past. My first car was an '80 Grand Prix LJ silver/grey red interrior. I figure my 442 is about exactly what I would have bought new when I got my license in '85. I've worked for my brother in his body shop since he opened it when I was 18.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I guess I might as well get into the act. :lol: I'm 61 yrs old, although don't feel like it at times. Try to exercise regularly and eat right.
I've only owned one G-body (actually A-body), my wagon for the past 25 yrs. I've been a hot rod and custom car enthusiast since the ripe old age 0f 9. Bought my first Hot Rod magazine in '59.
My first car was a '56 Chevy 2-dr sedan 150 body with a 265 V-8 and 3-spd on the floor. Wish I still owned it, but that was many years ago. A local guy gave us a '53 Studebaker Champion coupe with an '53 Olds 303 cu. in. engine. I don't know what ever happened to that car, but it one that should have never gotten away.
My first legal, streetable car was a '63 Triumph Spitfire. That was my first attempt at body work and paint. It actually looked pretty good after I reassembled it. Later sold it to buy a '61 MGA 1600. Sold that after awhile. I had another '60 MGA body that I built. My first attempt at engine rebuilding. It ran quite nice and sold it to a local guy who replaced the engine with an MGB engine. After that I bought my first VW. A European '61 sunroof beetle. Nice car until a big *ss Buick slammed into the back of it. I put it back together and sold it. Next was a '64 Ford Econoline custom van. Painted it burnt orange with NY skyline murals on the sides, chrome reversed wheels, port hole windows, fully carpeted, Pinto buckets, etc. I installed a later junkyard low mileage 200 cu. in inline 6 from a Mustang. Later sold that.
Bought my first Porsche. A '64 356-C coupe. It's been painted twice. Engine rebuilt twice...and I still own it after 36 yrs.
Also had several more VW's. A '66 beetle, a '67 sunroof beetle, a '67 sunroof bus, a '68 squareback, a '72 bus, and a '73 super beetle. As you see, I was heavy into VW's and Porsches.
Also owned a '74 914 that I've also owned for 12 yrs. and sold about 5 yrs ago. It was a nice car that I regret selling. Oh well, you can't keep them all.
I'm sure there's a few more in there that I forgot about..but this gives you a little bit about my history.
I have slowed a bit, but it's not over till it's over, as they say. I've heard that 60 is the new 40...yeah right.
I'm also retired.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I'm 58 and retired. There still aren't enough hours in the day for me. I'm on my second G-wagon in 18 years and I still love my F bodies too. But I also fool around with boats and I'm fixing up a little Boston Whaler. My Grandson loves fishing and I am glad to take him along so right now my time is all spoken for.

beenen

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
18 here..got mine handed down from my dad who bought it new and I love every bit of it

Ohlly88SS

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2011
Im 31, Ive had 4 G bodys & to many other cars to count. I like anything that spins the rear wheels.
my first car was a 79 Monte
untitled.jpg

87PontiacGP

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2011
Chilton, Wisconsin
I'm 21 right now, turning 22 on the 18th of this month. I had a big fascination with G/A/B bodies when I was a kid and it grew with age. I had several relatives who owned G bodies and I just followed suit with interests I guess you could say. Hopefully I'll have another G-body someday down the road, however, I'm also a Camaro/Firebird guy and plan on buying a new 2010-20** v6 Camaro for a daily driver a few years form now possibly and having my GP as my project car. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor