What are you drinking tonight?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
How are they? Not sure about putting rocks in my liquor, I would think that would leave a taste?
I find they work well, I prefer it. As long as it isn't a cheap knockoff, they're smoothed sand-polished granite. You store em in the freezer, and, I'd guess in theory if you left them in a drink a week straight they might pick up something? Maybe? Never tried it.

But for the lifespan of a drink in my hand for an evening they don't transfer any taste, you just rinse and let counter dry before returning to a pouch inside the freezer.

When you think about it, ice waters down and changes flavor. Ice can also pick up a flavor off the other food in the freezer air around it, or, sometimes get a stale taste. I think those do more to change flavor than the rocks do, but again, it's about quality, not just taking a couple stones from the yard and tossing them in the freezer.

After all, at its basest level glass is just tightly packed sand grains that were fused by heat. The stones are just big grains of glass.

Also, you may find some of your favorite liquors have a cleaner, purer flavor than before. Sometimes it's almost like an entirely different drink. Think about looking around on a sunny day with and without good glass polarized sunglasses. As different as the colors and views look, that's how the flavor sharpens without the dillution

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Going light tonight.

20211028_233729.jpg

To save you the question of what is it, here you go.

20211028_233741.jpg

It's a low abv that probably reduced another percent or two with two small ice cubes. The water thins the consistency a little. So in this case the granite stays on the sidelines

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
The mia name of that beer from New York was Genessee. Wasn't half bad; not available around here anymore to the best of my knowledge.

Nick
Alright Nic, you've lost all credibility with 'Wasn't half bad'. If you would've finished it with 'at cleaning you out' then I'd agree.

You haven't lived until you dealt with the aftermath of a 6 pack of Genesee Cream Ale.

Last edited:

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
The thought of drinking has me thinking about all of the cheap sh*t we drank in college, which reminds me of something-
If you want a good laugh, please go to bumwine.com

The dude who wrote all of the stuff on there sure has a way with words
I think one of my favorites is the intro for Night Train Express: "Don't let the 0.5% less ABV fool you, the Night Train is all business when it pulls into the station. All aboard the train to nowhere - woo woo! The Night Train runs only one route - sober to stupid with no roundtrip tickets available, and a strong likelihood of a train wreck along the way."

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Trying something new tonight.

IMG_20211029_151936027.jpg

8.2% this stuff gots some mileage.

Tasty so far, see if I remember to check back in later!

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
  • Haha

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Alright Nic, you've lost all credibility with 'Wasn't half bad'. If you would've finished it with 'at cleaning you out' then I'd agree.

You haven't lived until you dealt with the aftermath of a 6 pack of Genesee Cream Ale.

Or a 6 pack of Left Hand Nitro Milk Stouts. I made that mistake once and learned a valuable life lesson.

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
I’m from Pa and don’t care for the YingYan sh*t
Drinking one of my favorites from Kentucky tonight

Attachments

• A59BEFD8-A001-45A7-A6DF-BAC1EBFBFC2C.jpeg
    A59BEFD8-A001-45A7-A6DF-BAC1EBFBFC2C.jpeg
    1,014.8 KB · Views: 5

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor