what brand of gas are you using

scarborough

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
i just wondering what brand of gas are you using in your street hot rod. I'm using bp, and at least twice this summer i have got some bad gas even after going to different station. i would add a bottle of Heet the one in the red bottle to the tank and let it sit for a couple days then it clear thing up and it run like it should.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I use RaceTrac or QuickTrip because that's what abundant in my area where I usually purchase/fill up.
Once on the road, it's whatever the option is when the gauge says, 'it's time'.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I buy ethanol-free from the Sunoco down the road.

When we're on the road in our DD or the 496 truck, it's either Love's from the truckstops or Costco.

Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
None of my cars need high octane. So for the whole fleet I just get the cheapest Shell 87 octane. For some reason, Shell is always a bit higher priced than competitors. BUT, I get a discount through Advance Auto, and Stop-N-Shop purchases. The best I have achieved was $.90 off a gallon and I always get the 20 gallon max. Even if I have to bring gas cans to fit it all. I have had absolutely no problems with the Shell, even in my outboard motor.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I run non ethanol 91 Esso or Coop which I drive for, produced right here in Saskatchewan for my 70 Cutlass. For my Challenger, pretty much any 10% ethanol 87 octane.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I buy whatever happens to be the cheapest gas.

• Agree

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
93 in my daily silverado which rattles with anything less, 330k on the odometer. My Cutlass always 110 from Sunoco. 93 in the Elco 305 and 87 in my 90 nissan pickup Shell is my preference. A local 7-11 is consistent (used to be a Shell) A couple Chevrons have bad gas on the regular(no pun intended) along with other older hood gas stations. I also fill up at a brand new Marathon which has been good. Seems like the older and hole in the wall gas stations down here are garbage. Shell is always higher priced and rarely in the hoods here in South Florida.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
That is odd that Shell is more expensive everywhere. Maybe we are paying for the stupid TV shows at the pump? But as I explain to the Wifey, what is $.10 when you are paying almost $4 a gallon?!?

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
Buckys 286 a gallon .More people there then at wal mart lot sometimes ! Other times not so much ... been running at least 25 cents cheaper then the cheap guys !...so don't be afraid" claim your savings now ?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor