What did you buy for your G-body today? [2024]

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Bought this today at the Moultrie meet. Full canister, 30#

View attachment 237444

They were asking $200, talked them down to $160.

My guess is it ought to be worth 10x that amount, but, I really think they didn't know what they had or what they were doing.

Deals like this are why swap meets are relevant, and, why you don't just buy everything on facepage or amazon
yeah, I'll be going to the Lonestar Roundup in a couple weeks, a good local one but the show specializes in pre-'63 so a lot of the commercial vendors are that niche
not going to be able to go to Pate this year in FtWorth :(

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Not really much but grabbed up another spare (rebuilt?) Q-Jet & two eight packs of NOS USA made AC plugs for Jr.'s car. Almost got a spare header panel for mine but there was too much damage for me to want another one that needs work.

Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Still trying to work out the hot start issue, got in a P24HD but the terminals were opposite of what I want. So had to do a bunch of looking around, they are going to try to get me a 94R for tomorrow which should have 800CCA so I am hoping that and the size increase should stop the issue.

Reactions: 1 user

john87442

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2021
Geneva ohio
Had my steering wheel reworked along with the plate for the lightning rod shifter. Craft customs in Texas did the work. Now I know it’s not oem with the stripe but they also never came in Sheffield grey, so I think it’s a terrific option and great craftsmanship.

Attachments

• IMG_4895.png
    IMG_4895.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4896.png
    IMG_4896.png
    5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4897.png
    IMG_4897.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 13
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Ever since I got the 8.8 I had some internal struggles with how I wanted to finish it out. The rear had your typical inboard drag style coil over mounts and backyard special LCA mounts.
The coil over mounts would not work for me because the exhaust. I have the Hooker Black Heart 3” kit. I have no interest in rebuilding or changing that up.
So ultimately after talking to the guys at TRZ I decided on their LCA mount with the shock bracket. So placed the order and had it here a couple days later.
My next dilemma was for the ARB/sway bar.
I would love run a nice juicy ARB and I know a ton of people street drive with them but I really like to drive this thing as much as possible. I ordered a CPP sway bar. From the way it mounted it seems to be the only option that will clear the exhaust.
Hopefully I get that soon. I plan to try and swap the LCA mounts sometime this week.
IMG_5456.jpeg
IMG_5455.jpeg
IMG_5458.jpeg
IMG_5457.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

Malibu795

Apprentice
May 13, 2019
Exhaust valves showed up intake should be here tomorrow, drop off set MK6 BBC heads Saturday to get cleaned decked, valve job, and positive stop valve guide seals. I'll install springs at a later date

Attachments

• IMG_20240422_174711804.jpg
    IMG_20240422_174711804.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor