What do you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Hey all, I've been doing the interior of my Malibu, and since original good condition Malibu parts are getting harder to find, I broadened my search and found some other G-body parts that fit them. I used a set of Cutlass rear panels, and the original insert from my Malibu. Painted them both Shadow Blue with SEM interior paint. I personally think it looks great. Here's a couple pieces, along with the rear panels. What does everyone else think about this?
DSC01903.jpg

DSC01904.jpg

DSC01905.jpg

DSC01900.jpg

DSC01899.jpg

DSC01927.jpg

DSC01926.jpg

For the rear panels, I started taping off the chrome trim, but because I made a mistake, I had to pull some tape off and the chrome came off with it. After seeing it was just gray metal, I just sprayed over it.

For the MCSS cluster and gauge overlay, the pin stripe was broken in the middle so instead of leaving it like that, I removed it and then taped off the black part, and sprayed the rest. There was really no possible way of saving the white letters from the headlight switch, so I also sprayed over them. Also going to do the same with the MC radio plate, and I'm also going to search around for a center console shift plate that came in MCSS's, the ones without the vinyl overlay.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Thanks for the kind words everyone. SEM is absolutely fantastic. At first I doubted them because it kept fisheyeing on everything. But after some practice on an older panel I won't be using, it works best when prepped with paint thinner and spraying extremely light coats.

Right now I'm just waiting on Dixie to send me my lower side panels that sit underneath the dash and cover the pinch weld near the a-pillars before I bolt the dash in. I would start putting the back pieces in, except I am also waiting for a piece being shipped from Canada. I hate sitting and doing nothing! :x

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Well done bro! I love seeing when people take their time and just work with one thing at a time, adjusting along the way. This is gonna turn out even better than you expect... speaking from experience, once it all goes in together and you have refurbed most items, just looking at it -- is better than p*rn lol. Keep up the good work bro. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done. Cheers! :D

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Thanks Kevin! Hopefully with all this snow it'll get here soon :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor