Wheel Cylinder upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

pose_442

Greasemonkey
Feb 12, 2007
I read on gbodyparts.com that there is an S-10 wheel cylinder upgrade available. I believe they are the ones from an S-10 w/ manual brakes.

Are they bigger, better, direct replacement, etc. I'm looking at doing a brake job pretty soon, and would like to upgrade at that time.

Thanks as always.

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
Do a search on the site for brake upgrades. There was a thread in the past few months that someome mentioned they had done the S-10 Wheel Cylinders. I think you are right about it being the ones from a manual Brake S-10.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I mentioned a while back about the upgrade I did using the non power brake S 10 wheel cylinder....the pistons in the wheel cylinder are a larger diameter than the power brake wheel cylinder so apply the brakes you have more pressure on the shoes with the same amount of pedal pressure...the cylinders are a direct replacement to the stock cylinders...

ALLPARTS36

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2008
Will S10 manual master cylinder/convert MANUAL BRAKES G-BODY

pontiacgp said:
I mentioned a while back about the upgrade I did using the non power brake S 10 wheel cylinder....the pistons in the wheel cylinder are a larger diameter than the power brake wheel cylinder so apply the brakes you have more pressure on the shoes with the same amount of pedal pressure...the cylinders are a direct replacement to the stock cylinders...

Hello,
Will the S10 master cylinder work to replace the factory power brake one?I need to switch to a manual brake setup and need to find a master cylinder to complete this.I see the wheel cylinders will work out fine as a great upgrade.I have a new push rod already as I know the stock one wont work.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor