will 18x10's fit?

RDO23

n00b
Feb 13, 2024
Chicago
Hey guys.
I'm looking for wheels for my 85 MCSS... Can I fit a 18x10 wheel on the car without a frame notch?

Thanks in advance.
RDO

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
This is a loaded question and you'll probably get both yes and no answers.

What ride height do you want? Will the tire be tucked inside the fender lip? Have you taken a tape measure and actually measured from the edge of the frame to the inside of your fender lip? It going to be about 10.5" give or take. Some are a touch bigger, some smaller. Quality control was poor at best back then. Just because someone else did it, does not mean you will be able to.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
This is a loaded question and you'll probably get both yes and no answers.

What ride height do you want? Will the tire be tucked inside the fender lip? Have you taken a tape measure and actually measured from the edge of the frame to the inside of your fender lip? It going to be about 10.5" give or take. Some are a touch bigger, some smaller. Quality control was poor at best back then. Just because someone else did it, does not mean you will be able to.
Pretty much this.

My 84 MC has rear wheel wells that measure 11-1/4 inches to the pinch weld at the top of the wheel well, and that’s where the inner starts to curve in to the top. IIRC, the frame protruded about 3/4 of an inch from the inner wheel well.
Best guess is I’d have 10-1/2 inches with an un-notched frame. Maybe more, maybe less. Best to take a ton of measurements for yourself.

Reactions: 1 users

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
I agree on the quality control thing. On my beater wagon, I run 15X10 with a 275/60/15 tire when I'm not running the winter wheels and tires. I only had to do the frame notch on one side. :censored:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor