Wilwood 4 piston vs Blazer front brakes

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I'm looking for more front brake than the Blazer brakes I have currently. I'm considering buying a Wilwood kit :

but I'm curious if the Wilwood kit will be more brake than I have now. Before anyone says it, I intend to stick with the 15" Drag Lites and I know that a 17 or 18" front wheel would get me into C5/C6 option that would outperform both. But I'm stubborn, and the Drag Lites are more than Lite in name. They are crazy light weight and I need all of that help I can get.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
on paper it looks like an upgrade,it's twice the #of pistons throwing down(abet 4 smaller than the two larger) than the blazer version that equals covering a larger area doing the squeezing.the spindle mod's easy btw.i orginally had these with a set of dropped spindles and ran into a track width change that was to much so i scrapped the whole set up.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
melloelky What spindle mod are you referencing? If I decide to go with the Wilwood setup I was going to swap the G-body spindles back on and save or sell the Blazer spindles that are on the car presently.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
you have to trim the o.e caliper mounting ears back and drill/tap the holes to another size to accommodate the new caliper brackets/hardware.the new brakes come with decent instructions you'll be fine.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor