Window Adjustment

Rgpmalibu

Greasemonkey
Oct 7, 2020
Hi Gang,

I have a 78 Malibu, and I'm trying to adjust the top of the passenger door window inward. If you look at the attached picture, it shows a mechanism that's attached to the window and the door at position 15. It's the "rear belt pin assembly". My Malibu doesn't have this mechanism, it only has what would be part 10, the "front belt stabilizer" in two different places, front and back. The problem is that my window keeps hitting the blow out clip when I close the door. If I push in a little on the window with my fingers, the door/window closes normally. Is there any other way to move the top of the window inward? Does anyone else have this problem with the missing belt pin assembly? Would it help if I moved the window back a little? I hate to move the up stop down because the window fits perfectly in the new weatherstrip, it's just hitting that damned clip a little bit when I close the door. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

a-body-1.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
My car didn't come with the #10 adjusters, but feel it can use them. I get a bad rattle when the window is partially rolled down. Does anyone know if these parts are still available. or what cars they can taken from?

Rgpmalibu

Greasemonkey
Oct 7, 2020
The number 2 spot is something I didn't even know about. I fixed the top two #10's that I have with the loop side of some Velcro, but I just reached inside and found out that my #2 doesn't have any felt at all. I'm going to take those out and put the Velcro on them like I did with the top ones. That still won't fix my adjustment issue, but it should help with rattling when the window is halfway down. Might help you too.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The number 2 spot is something I didn't even know about. I fixed the top two #10's that I have with the loop side of some Velcro, but I just reached inside and found out that my #2 doesn't have any felt at all. I'm going to take those out and put the Velcro on them like I did with the top ones. That still won't fix my adjustment issue, but it should help with rattling when the window is halfway down. Might help you too.
Thanks for that. I appreciate it. My car never came with the small #10 brackets. I had even replaced all the doors and newer doors didn't have them either.

jcelk

Apprentice
Dec 10, 2014
after i did all the adjustments i still had that gap then i took the weatherstripping out and moved the channel out ward and drilled new holes no more wind noise

jcelk

Apprentice
Dec 10, 2014
just used dum dum like the factory did you will see it when you unscrew the channels the stuff never gets hard but seals out water you will have to gently pry the channels off it a little sticky

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor