Wiring

Mvc873

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 14, 2021
1000022624.jpg

ICan anyone help me out, have a single black wire with plug connector coming from the interior harness on passenger side which is the wire hanging in front of the blue tape. Not sure if that's for the trunk release or does it connect to something else lost the pick I took when removing the dash. It's a 87 cutlass salon 442 with powered sunroof

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
Should be trunk release

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
*psst* It's a Cutlass Supreme 442. There were no Salon-based 442s in '87.

I don't memorize junk so I busted out the electrical book.

Trunk release would be brown from the A/C fuse, which technically taps off the fuse block area from the Ign3 terminal. Piggybacks off the yellow cruise control wire there. The black wire runs back to the trunk solenoid. Two wires needed.

Same can be said for the glove box lamp. Brown from lamp power terminal above fuse block, and also a black to ground. That ground terminal is above the steering column, so it might be the lamp ground based on the appearance it's going back toward the driver side. If I were to bet, it's the ground side of the I/P glove box lamp.

If it goes to the glove box area, it's only half of it.

Reactions: 2 users

Mvc873

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 14, 2021

Trunk release would be brown from the A/C fuse, which technically taps off the fuse block area from the Ign3 terminal. Piggybacks off the yellow cruise control wire there. The black wire runs back to the trunk solenoid. Two wires needed.

Same can be said for the glove box lamp. Brown from lamp power terminal above fuse block, and also a black to ground. That ground terminal is above the steering column, so it might be the lamp ground based on the appearance it's going back toward the driver side. If I were to bet, it's the ground side of the I/P glove box lamp.

That's what I thought, thanks for the help.

Mvc873

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 14, 2021
That's what I thought, thanks for the help.

If it goes to the glove box area, it's only half o 20240501_203939.jpg Ok, so the pink/black wire isn't for the trunk release? Its these 3 wires, this is where I'm lost. I know 2 of the wires connect to the trunk release which 2 unfortunately I cant recall. The black wire hanging to the right is the same black wire I sent in the first Pic as you can see I have reinstalled the dash. The glove box lamp wires were still connected when I pulled the dash out never disconnected them so those are good. If you could help me with these 3 wires I'd appreciate it

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor