Wow, GP is most difficult vinyl top delete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
I seem to do this with every car I buy. Somehow I pick the most difficult ones. :?

The rain sill on these is unlike the regal/cutty cuz it goes all the way to the rear of the quarter window. On the vinyl top models it stops at the driver door glass. So I've gotta weld a rain sill to do it right?
I gotta say though, I do like the design better! It just looks cool

Anybody have a link to a build-up? There must be one somewhere

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
yup 78-80 regals are the same way. i had to do weld mine. all i did was find a junk yard car and cut a portion out of its drip rail and welded in place. finally after the past 10 years i finally found the full length drip rail from a hard top and the molding between the 2 windows since mine had rivet holes in them.

tdvick

Master Mechanic
Jun 25, 2010
Elk River, Mn.
The 78 to 80 Lemans with a Landau top is the same way also. I have an even worse problem because my side windows are smaller too.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
I got all the parts you need if interested.

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
What do you want for it and do you think it will survive the ride to Minnesota? WOW 10 seconds is COOKIN! That's one fast Cutty

I'm going junkyard snooping tomorrow morning. More looking for my LS swap parts than anything, but also going to try to track down a GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor