floor shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
Hi i have a 1984 Monte Carlo Super Sport and i have a full bench seat. i want to put a floor shifter in it but i want to keep the bench seat i would like to put an art carr shifter or a b&m shifter. please help! thanks

Welcome to the forum! I have a B&M Z Gate in my 83 SS with the bench. It fits fine but when I shift to park I have to angle my hand so I dont hit the radio deck. Oh and the passenger seat is all the way back. These can be bought for $100 at Autozone and come complete. Good luck and keep us posted!

1984-monte-carlo-ss said:
thanks but i dont have a spit bench, will it still work without moving the seat all the way back?
Im not too sure I know it wouldnt fit for me. If you dont use the base that comes with it you could fit it but it would look half assed unless you got a rubber boot.

thanks but i dont have a spit bench, will it still work without moving the seat all the way back?

Just about any aftermarket automatic shifter can work with a bench as they use a shifter cable attached to the shifter machanism, so they dont really care where they're mounted. Just make sure you seat can move up(at least a little, just in case) and that its far enough back that you dont puch your knuckles off the dash puting it in park! :shock: ('cause that realy sucks!)

hotrodoldsman said:

Just about any aftermarket automatic shifter can work with a bench as they use a shifter cable attached to the shifter machanism, so they dont really care where they're mounted. Just make sure you seat can move up(at least a little, just in case) and that its far enough back that you dont puch your knuckles off the dash puting it in park! :shock: ('cause that realy sucks!)

thanks ill deff try it out

Here's your answer......

The Unimatic shifter is just the ticket! It looks identical to a manual 4-speed shifter and, because of it’s cable operated design, can be installed easily. Similar to B&M top line shifters, it includes a neutral safety switch and 5’ cable. Dimension measures 12.72” high.

media.nl

RegalBegal said:
Here's your answer......

The Unimatic shifter is just the ticket! It looks identical to a manual 4-speed shifter and, because of it’s cable operated design, can be installed easily. Similar to B&M top line shifters, it includes a neutral safety switch and 5’ cable. Dimension measures 12.72” high.

media.nl
A buddy of mine has that and theres no lock or stop for the different gears so he could be driving down the road and bump it into reverse or something very easily. I wouldnt trust that.

-83MONTESS- said:
RegalBegal said:
Here's your answer......

media.nl
A buddy of mine has that and theres no lock or stop for the different gears so he could be driving down the road and bump it into reverse or something very easily. I wouldnt trust that.
2nd that motion... my mopar buddy has had one for years and never had a problem...BUT... it just makes me nervous! :shock: It only takes one overzealous shift to hit reverse or park! TRANS= :puke: :blam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor