A.I.R. hose clamp. Mystery Manufacturer.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
While checking out the wire looms, I was surprised to find an "extra" non-crimped single ear hose clamp on the A.I.R. hose going from the switching valve to the check valve to the cat converter on the passenger side of the engine. Both clamps on either end of the hose are still there and tight. Apparently this was an extra that got slid on and escaped the engine dress area. Anyone have a clue who supplied these? It appears they're 1005 which COULD be the size? There appears to be a symbol with an E stamped in it following the 1005.

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

They're around 1" or just a hair larger to slide over the end of the 1" (nominal) rubber A.I.R. hose. They're approx 7mm wide, or around 1/4".

Closest I can find is that Oetiker makes them similar to this. They start about 1.008" uncrimped, and then crimp down to right around 7/8" thereabouts. Which shoud put enough pressure on the hose to clamp it on and keep it from coming off. They have two kinds. zinc coated carbon steel, like these, or stainless steel. However, zinc coated carbon steel is only by special request. WTF? Carbon steeel is p/n 10500014, while the stainless version is 15500014.

To note, all the A.I.R. rubber hoses are 1" nominal OD and use the same crimp clamps throughout the system. There's a total of 8 clamps needed per system.

If anyone has any more info on these, it would be most appreciated.

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
If we were replacing A.I.R hoses at the dealership we would use regular hose clamps. If I remember correctly there was a service bulletin stated that it was ok to use a hose clamp. It's very possible I have a copy of that.
I didn't have my phone to take a picture but mine looks just like yours other than it looked like 1.005 must be the size. I will take a picture.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
If we were replacing A.I.R hoses at the dealership we would use regular hose clamps. If I remember correctly there was a service bulletin stated that it was ok to use a hose clamp. It's very possible I have a copy of that.
I didn't have my phone to take a picture but mine looks just like yours other than it looked like 1.005 must be the size. I will take a picture.
That's exactly how the parts book shows it. Most any specialty clamp for anything was typically a candidate for a regular hose clamp from GM during service visits.

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
Did my best Taking a picture
20240415_200211.jpg

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Pinch hose clamps are pretty common, even Harbor Freight sells them. Once pinched with special pliers they are act like constant tension spring clamps.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Pinch clamps were originally manufactured by Oetiker, here's a link to an Ebay supplier:

They don't resemble Oetiker. Not saying they couldn't be. But they seem more like a hybrid of a Dixon and an Ideal to me. The single ear clamps from Oetiker has dimples in the tops of the crimp area for as long as I can remember, these do not. Plus, the Oetiker has a mechanical connection point on the other side, where the factory pinch clamps were apparently spot welded.

But then again, it was about 40 years ago. 84-87 used the same single ear clamps, whoever made them, this is verified.

Last edited:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I might be on to something. MAYBE. Stumbled upon some vintage Dixon Keystone clamps. The 925 stamped in the side is the part number, and it's basically 29/32" open. Not quite 1". Eerily similar to the factory installed crimp clamps. Maybe these were made too long ago, something a tad more recent is probably something to consider.

1713300851164.png

1713300902033.png

Look, a P-1005 is a 1" single ear clamp. Hmmm. I'm just betting...but I could be wrong.

I think I'm on a decent path here. I think.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor